Monday, April 6, 2015

Molly is NINE months old.

So, wow. We're less than 3 months away from having a TODDLER!



Another month closer to Mol's first birthday.

We've given her bananas, peas, green beans, eggs (woops), pumpkin, sweet potatoes/yams, pears, and carrots.  On deck is applesauce, avocados, and yogurt.  And she's a fantastic eater... probably making up for the fact that she didn't really start eating solids until she was 8 months old!

Oh and she just started snacking on table food as well - she's tried sweet potato puffs, rice rusks, & tiny bits of blueberry pancakes.

We're still breastfeeding.  We're currently in the stage where she likes to grab my boob while she drinks (out of comfort) but ends up practically mauling my boob!  I've currently got little fingernail size cuts all over my skin.  Thankfully, she's cute and can get away with that kind-of behavior.  I remember Presley used to pinch and scratch my arm fat when she nursed and I HATED it... would end up bleeding and with little bruises... so I am sure this too will pass before I realize it.

We're currently teaching her how to touch people gently as well as how to clap.  Presley has SO MUCH FUN helping me teach Molly these little behaviors.  She will be the first to realize when Molly is trying to clap on her own and will congratulate her enthusiastically.  Presley is such an awesome big sister and Molly already follows her around the house and wants to do everything big sister is doing.  That, and she looks at her so lovingly.  Sometimes Presley has the "get the hell out of my personal space" type of attitude about it... but most of the time Presley is welcoming of the adoration.

Molly is crawling like crazy and loves to chew on paper... and anything else we leave on the floor that she's not supposed to have.

She had your first time in a swing this month and seemed to like it despite her inability to sit up properly.

 
At her 9 month well visit, Molly measured 26.5 inches tall and weighed 14 pounds & 11 ounces.  (At this age, Presley was 16 pounds & 13.5 ounces and 27.5 inches tall.)  Molly dropped off her growth curve and is currently somewhere around >3% for weight.  We talked it over with her doctor and if it continues this way at her next check up, then we will begin to worry/figure out if it's a bigger issue.  I'm hoping for no underlying health issues... I love her being a tiny little peanut baby and hoping it's just the way she is!  By the way - we LOVE her doctor so so much.  After leaving Dr. Brodd when we moved, I was much more distraught than I probably should have been.  I was sure we would never find another pediatrician like him and as a result I was destined to hate every future doctor of Presley's (because Molly wasn't here yet).  And that's exactly what happened with the first pediatrician we saw... it was an awful fit.  So we tried Dr. Bradley Jones at the Memphis Children's and holy cow - he is a great man! Glad to have found another pediatrician for my kids that I totally trust and who has great bedside manner!

Mol is definitely working on her top teeth coming in so we are teething full force, round two! I cannot wait until they come in and I can see what she looks like with her new chompers.

The weather here has been great and we have visited the zoo several times already... so excited for the beautiful weather to be here to stay!






And since I am so late in posting this, I get to talk about our trip to Nashville! Our nephew, Matthew, had his FIRST birthday so we got to party with him this past weekend.  We went to the Discovery Center in Murfreesboro and it was a blast.  We followed it up by pizza for lunch & hanging out the rest of the day before heading back home.  The kids are adorable together and I love how close they are to a cousin in age... that is so much fun & will continue to be throughout the years.





And finally, Molly's first Easter has come and gone. It definitely makes me happy to see the changes in our family's Easter photo from 2014 to 2015... cracks me up Tony is in his work clothes both photos and just how much his uniform has changed in a year! And then there is little Presley - look at how much she has grown in a year. I go from being pregnant to having a tiny little 9 month old baby girl in 2015 from 2014.

Easter 2015
Easter 2014


This post wouldn't be complete without posting the 9 months in/9 months out photos!

L: Me & Presley and my 9 month baby bump R: Me & Presley with little Miss 9-month-old Molly!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the 9 month in 9 month out photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sarah! I kept thinking how I wanted to put on makeup and have clean hair, etc etc and then I was like FORGET IT... this is what I look like in real life and I'm not ashamed of it! Kind of freeing when you make the decision to just be yourself - no apologies! - it's great. :) I'm glad you liked the 9 months in/out thing... it was my favorite to do with Presley so I figured there is no way I'm not doing it again! :)

      Delete