Monday, September 12, 2016

Baby 3.0: 37 Weeks & Nesting

37 weeks pregnant & 3 weeks to go until my due date!
I'm feeling: I've been feeling pretty great lately - all things considered, that is. I don't have a whole ton of energy these days but the modified schedule we have works great. I can tell my nesting has kicked into overdrive... I've been stocking the shelves of our pantry with multiples of everything we use the most, making meals for the freezer, and we currently have plenty of leftovers in the fridge. I made some bread tonight and just have felt the need to cook a whole bunch! Today it was potato soup and Swedish meatballs and egg noodles! I've been tiding up little corners of our house one by one and it just feels really great. 

Part of me feels super ready to just get the ball rolling - to go into labor and to have Crosby. But then of course there is a more rational part of me that realizes I don't have all my ducks in a row yet so maybe right this second wouldn't be the best time to begin labor. Saturday was the day that I hit the official 37 week mark and I celebrated by making labor inducing cookies and eating eggplant parmesan - which is also supposed to kickstart labor. But here we are, Sunday night, and nothing is different. I'm not sad about that either. He'll come when he's ready!

Cookie time!
Next up - eggplant parmesan!
Got home and realized I had flour all over my shirt from the cookie making!

Cravings: Last night it was eggplant parmesan (thank you, Olive Garden!) and today it was Swedish meatballs. Once I get it in my mind that I want a specific dish then we are definitely finding a way to make it happen. I'm very grateful for Tony's sweet encouragement along the way. Also, Taco Bell is still a thing that happens every so often around here. We'll see if this hangs around after Crosby comes.

Baby's size: This week Crosby is the size of a honeydew melon... about 6 pounds & 19 inches. He's considered "near term" at this point! Woo-hoo!!

{L to R} 37 weeks pregnant with Presley, Molly, & Crosby

High of the week: This is totally gonna sound bad - but I am a little bit happy that I got to keep Presley home all week! She's been real sick from this cold she can't seem to kick - Tuesday morning she woke up with ZERO voice and then on Thursday her cough/congestion was still way too awful to send her. I do wish she had been well enough to go to school and hate that she's been missing out on things there but I did enjoy the extra time with her. 


I'm also SO HAPPY that the NFL games are BACK!!!!! The Cowboys looked awesome today and were SO close to a win. I just love watching all the games again! And how awesome was Larry Fitzgerald and the Arizona Cardinals tonight?! 

Low of the week: This week was a rocky one. I made scrambled eggs for the girls one day and made a bowl for myself plus a little bit of salsa... I sat down to eat them and immediately knocked them on the floor. The following day Molly spilled my coffee all over the living room while I was in the bathroom. 
Salsa eggs... on the floor...
Both girls have been sick (common cold) for a week now and it has REALLY put a damper on their moods and on Molly's behavior especially. SO, this week has been a hard one. Tony's first day back to work after the 3 day weekend was Tuesday and I'd have to say that was the worst day of the week. I've lost my temper WAY too much - more than normal - and it's 90% of the time directed towards Molly. We're both such hot heads! And dealing with a two-year-old hot head is not easy. I'm trying all different ways of dealing with it to see what works. It could also be teething and being on the cusp of a huge life change that is making it so hard for us right now!

What I'm looking forward to: My doctor's appointment on Wednesday!!! I love going every week now. My doctor had a crazy day last week which included him being gone to perform emergency surgery on another patient - so I'm looking forward to a more normal visit this week. And hopefully he'll check my cervix to see if things have progressed at all! I'm ready for Presley to get back in the swing of things for school this week, too! Looking forward to Tony's weekend off and some more family time... winding down our time as a family of FOUR!

2 comments:

  1. YAY for getting close! Soooo excited for you. I can't wait to hear of his arrival. Prayers for you in these last few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sarah! I surely appreciate those prayers.

      Delete