Monday, January 2, 2012

32 week Pregnancy Reflection!

How far along?:  Today, I am 32 weeks and 3 days along in my first pregnancy!

Here I am at 31 weeks & 2 days in Chattanooga visiting Ashley & Jonathan!

Size of the baby:  This week the baby is as big as a honeydew melon!

19 inches & 4.5 lbs!


Gender:  As far as we know, she is a girl!  I say it with less confidence after so many people have told me over the past few weeks that it looks like I'm carrying a boy.  Needless to say, I am hoping my OB orders another ultrasound in the remaining seven or so weeks left!

Movement:  Goodness, is she active these days!  Since my last weekly update, Presley has started getting the HICCUPS on nearly a daily basis!!!!  It is so cute but if it happens at bedtime it can be frustrating!  Speaking of bedtime, her activeness is still full-on at night... this has begun to affect my sleep cycle which is difficult for me.  I just have to look at this as preparation for sleepless nights -- even though that logic doesn't do me much good the next day!  I can also tell that Presley's movement has changed as it seems she is somewhat running out of room.

Cravings/Aversions:  Still loving all things spicy and certainly still loving sub sandwiches! :)  I can't get enough ice water (especially ice!) especially the ice and water from Starbucks... I am convinced they have magic water.  Not having many aversions out of the normal things I don't like -- for example, mushrooms.

I am feeling:  I get short of breath very easily which makes me feel self conscious.  I know it has a lot to do with the baby on my diaphragm but I know it's also because I have taken some time away from the gym, too!  I've had some swelling in my hands and ankles and have started having constant pain in my left wrist.  But overall, honestly, I am loving the ride!  I'm feeling grateful for a healthy pregnancy and such great support around me.  I have been mostly happy throughout this pregnancy (a little moody at times) and we get to meet our little baby sometime soon-ish!  So I am feeling great. :)

Me at exactly 32 weeks :)


What I miss most:  I definitely miss being able to sleep however I want (aka... ON MY BACK!) as well as sleeping as long as I want without so many interruptions throughout the night (bathroom breaks, moving from one side to another, hip pain, etc)!  I'm also getting frustrated at not being able to bend over fully and comfortably anymore.

Best moment of the week:  Oh goodness, the past two weeks in Tennessee have been absolutely amazing... I'm not sure if I could pick a favorite moment because I had such a fabulous time with my sisters, our friends, and Tony's family.  Celebrating Christmas with my sisters and our significant others the day after Christmas was a definite favorite... LOTS of laughs!  Our shower on Saturday was so fantastic-- being with everyone who could make it made me feel so happy and so alive.  Tony and I will definitely hold onto the memories made over the past two weeks and use them to keep our spirits up until the next time we can visit again.  (Which might not be for a while!)

Ashley (little sis) & Jonathan, Me & Tony, Amanda (big sis) & John (& Sammy!)
at our sister Christmas!


Sean (my BIL), Selena (my MIL), me, and Tony (my husband)
at our baby shower!



What I'm most looking forward to:  I'm SO looking forward to whipping our nursery into shape!!!  I'm looking forward to unpacking our sweet gifts for Presley as well.  I am also overjoyed to be able to sleep in our own bed again after not being here for so long.  (But a big thanks to everybody sharing their beds with me the past couple weeks!!!!!)  Also I am really looking forward to setting some goals for 2012 with Tony this week (look for a blog on this soon) as well as spending some quality time with my man without having to share him so much! :)


Goals for this week!1) Unpacking from our TN trip -- all our wonderful gifts and stinky clothes!  2) Stick with project 365!  3) ORGANIZE the house.  4) After going through each room, take unwanted items to Goodwill.  5) Rearrange our bedroom furniture



2 comments:

  1. Remember when you organize the house and get rid of stuff stick to going room by room so you don't feel overwhelmed! Ash

    ReplyDelete
  2. dont get too overwhelmed. it's so easy to get fustrated with all the emotions running around. POP that nice christian music into ur head to lighten up ur emotions. I wish I listened to that when I was at this time in life.. it would of made everything alot more peaceful in my mind atleast:)

    ReplyDelete