Friday, March 21, 2014

Pregnancy #2 Q & A

You may recall from my first pregnancy (if you followed along back then) that I filled this sucker out about halfway through my pregnancy with Presley!  I came across it yesterday and thought about filling it out this time around and figured why the heck not.  I think I will leave my answers from last time just to (potentially)  laugh at myself and see how my answers differ this time around.
Pregnancy #1 Answers in pink
Pregnancy #2 Answers in purple


Your name?
Ali Duggan

Baby's fathers name?
Tony Duggan

Are you still with him?
Most definitely; married to him so he is stuck with me!
Going on 3 wonderful years of marriage!

Were you trying to get pregnant?
Nope.  I was actually informed in January that I had PCOS (Poly-Cystic Ovarian Syndrome) and because of it I rarely ovulated.  My Dr. also told me that when we wanted to start having kids that I'd most likely want to look into fertility drugs.
Yes!  This time around it took about 5 months of trying.

When did you find out?
July 5th (2011)
October 30th (2013)

Where did you find out?
The bathroom of our old apartment in Silvis.
The bathroom of our old rental home in Moline.

How far along were you?
About 6 weeks.
I found out just before even missing a period, I believe.  So according to the crazy way they chart pregnancies, I was technically considered two weeks pregnant.

What was your reaction?
Shocked.  Then happy, scared, excited, worried, etc! :)
Oh goodness.  I don't really even remember the day we found out.  Is that bad?  I think so!  I was definitely shocked again and so excited and HAPPY!

Who was the first person you told?
Definitely Tony.  And then I called both of my sisters... I can't remember who was the one that picked up, though!  Maybe Ashley?  All I know is I sat there for a very long time trying to let it all sink in!
If I remember correctly, this time Ashley was the first to know.  I sent her a picture message of the pee stick and asked her if she thinks it looked positive or if it was a "crazy line" - as in I'm crazy and seeing things - because it was so faint!  I think I remember telling her Tony didn't even know yet and that I should surprise him somehow.  Well, that didn't happen.  I grabbed him and pulled him into the bathroom to get his opinion, too!

How did you tell the father?
I was screaming, "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh, TONY!  Oh my gosh...." and when he came in I showed him the positive test.
This time around there was no really telling him... we both were trying to figure it out together since we found out so early this time around.

What was his reaction?
He was happy and very surprised as well!  But the emotion that registered was definitely excitement!
I don't really remember.  He was wanting to play it safe and wait a few more days to test again before getting our hopes up.  But I remember he was supportive and kept saying he saw the positive line - even when it was so faint!

When is your due date?
First it was February 24 and now it's the 26 (2012).
July 9th (2014).

Did you have any morning sickness?
Yes, I definitely did.
Oh yes.  Absolutely had it again.

What are your fears?
Big fear of not having a strong bond with the baby.

I spend a lot of time worrying about sleep - or lack thereof - especially with two kiddos this time around.  I worry I won't be able to give enough attention to Presley and that kills me.  I worry about how to keep my sanity with two little ones... how to keep "me" time a priority when there isn't enough time for that.

What are you most happy about?
 Hmm... I honestly have no idea.  I guess just all of us being together and being able to love on this baby all the time! :)
I am so happy that we were able to get pregnant.  I am sooo excited to see Molly in the clothes Presley wore when she was little.  I'm excited to see Presley interact with Molly and begin to understand what it means to be and to have a sister.  I am so happy that I get to hold another baby and I can't wait to see her tiny baby features.

Did you want a boy or girl?
A girl. :)  But I'd be so ecstatic either way.
A girl.  And then I thought there is no way I will get lucky enough to have another girl so I started to get used to the idea of having a boy so I wouldn't be upset either way.  By the time the gender scan rolled around I was so sure it was gonna be a boy that I was SHOCKED to find out it was another girl!!!

What did the father want boy or girl?
Of course, he is hoping for a boy!
Hoping for a boy again this time around!

Do you know what your having?
Not yet...
It's a baby girl!

Do you have a name picked out?
We have several names we like - but nothing set in stone!
Yes - a family name - Molly Lou Duggan!

How much weight have you gained?
About seven pounds!
That's hilarious.  One - I don't even know and Two - I sure wouldn't want to share it.

Have you felt the baby move?
Yes - but it's not very distinct yet.
Yes!  She's moving right now.

Do you plan on a natural or medicated birth?
Laugh at me as much as you'd like, but I am hoping to go into it with an open mind.  I'm tending towards no drugs, but I'm also not opposed to doing what's best in any given situation (which might just end up being take the meds!).
I pretty much plan on a medicated birth.  It worked swell last time and I honestly have nothing to prove to anyone by trying it natural!  I understand the risks and I also understand the pain involved in birthing a child and I will just go ahead and be clear that I'm 100% open to accepting medication again!

Are you scared about labor?
Yes and no. I used to be terrified and now I am pretty okay with the idea.
No, not really.  As scary as it was and as much as it hurt (and as long as it lasted) - it was SO exhilarating to push Presley out.  And after everything was said and done, I felt so accomplished!  That is an amazing feeling.

What do you think will be the worst part of labor?
Pooping on the table.  Oh, and the pain of it all.  Also, I'm worried about my body never being the same afterward.
Good question.  I guess only time will tell because no two births are ever the same!

Who will be in the delivery room?
Doctors, nurses, my husband.  If my sisters come up to visit I would love for them to be in the room.
Same as last time... doctors, nurses, and my husband.  Maybe Ashley (my sister) if she wants to/can be there.

Are you having the birth videotaped?
No thank you.
I would be more open to something like that this time around, for sure.

Do you think you will cry when you see the baby for the first time?
I sure hope so! :)  I feel like I will but sometimes when I get in such big, important moments, my tears are nowhere to be found!
I definitely feel like I will.  I feel so much more equipped emotionally for bringing a baby into our family this time around.  I wish I had been able to REALLY see it then... but all the signs were there that I would have some post-partum depression last time - well before even giving birth.

What do you think the fathers reaction to the baby will be? Awww.... I have no idea!!! I can't wait to see his reaction!  I'm sure he'll laugh, honestly!  :)  He's just funny like that, especially when he feels the pressure to have some sort of big reaction.
I think his reaction will be stronger this time around too.  We just were so not ready for what was to come the first time around!!!!  Presley has taught us SO much!

How do you think family and friends will feel?
Oh man, I know our parents and my sisters are thrilled and so are our cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents, and friends.  We are lucky to have so many people who love us and are so ready to love our little baby-in-the-making!
Very excited!  I'm sure it'll be tough for our Midwestern family members since we are so far away... but the flip-side of that is that our Southern family members will get to share in the excitement a little more this time around because we are so much closer!

1 comment:

  1. It's so funny the differences! You'll surprise yourself just how able you are to give two little people attention and just how resilient they are about fending for themselves when they need to. And oh boy sleep. Well wishing you loads loads loads of sleep! We weren't very lucky in that dept. with #2 but we survived and everyone still loves each other haha.

    ReplyDelete