Sunday, December 11, 2011

29 week Pregnancy Reflection!

How far along?:  I am currently in my third trimester at 29 weeks & 2 days  (about 7.5 months) pregnant with my first little baby!

10 weeks & 5 days left!


Size of the baby:  This week our baby is the size of a butternut squash!

17 inches and 3.1 lbs!  Holy moly....


Gender:  A baby girl!  And man, I am SO ready for her to be here in so many ways.

Movement:  Presley's movement is getting more and more amazing each week.  New this week is feeling specific body parts press out of my skin!!!  Sounds crazy -- it certainly FEELS crazy -- but it is SO awesome.  Today I think it was her fist or something super tiny COMPLETELY poking out of my belly.  She held it there for just long enough for me to rub my hand along it and then went back into hiding.  It was so incredible.

Cravings/Aversions:  Definitely noticed I am craving cinnamon-flavored things!  One of my favorite snacks around the house is a bowl of Special K's cinnamon pecan cereal.  Also, love making cinnamon rolls at home about once a week for a little something special.  Still eating a lot of clementines --but slowing down on that obsession.  Still have an off-the-wall craving for shrimp cocktail so I am honestly considering running to the store tomorrow for some.

I am feeling:  Pretty great these days.  I feel guilty for not getting to the gym at all this week so hopefully I'll do better this upcoming week!

What I miss most:  At this point, I am starting to feel like it is entirely unfair that I can't get into a hot tub.  My joints are always sore (especially my hips after tossing and turning every night) and the only thing that sounds better than a massage is a looooong soak in a hot hot tub!  I also miss being able to sleep on my back and tummy and will thoroughly enjoy that once the baby is here.  I miss being able to do anything without getting sore or being short of breath and I definitely miss being able to bend over to put on socks!!!

Best moment of the week:  I loved the pregnancy classes that I took this week.  It's really making everything feel so much more real at each stage.  I loved hanging out with my mom most of the day Thursday and I also enjoyed finishing Star Wars episodes 1-3 with Tony this weekend.  And I also LOVED adding to our Target registry with Tony this weekend.  We have so much fun together and I just love seeing what he envisions for our little girl.


So ready to be with these crazy, awesome people!!! Hope they're ready for us! :)
What I'm most looking forward to:  I'm super excited for Amanda to get here Friday, for a trip to Chicago this upcoming weekend, for my family's Christmas get together, ready to leave to visit family, and VERY excited for our first baby shower at the end of the month thrown by Tony's family!!!!  I'm so ready to see them because they are so wonderful and truly exude the love they feel for us and I am ready to feel that and to be around them!  Also, very excited to see my OB at my next appointment on the 19th!




Goals for this week:  This past week, I sucked at my goals and checked almost nothing off this list!  So here's hoping we get EVERYTHING done this week!  1) Get the crib up, 2) Arrange the nursery how we want it, 3) Get curtains and X-mas lights up in bedroom, 4) Figure out where the water is coming from in the corner of our room, 5) Get the house ready for our visitor, 6) Clean out my car:  trunk & back seat!
 
 
And I am certainly not getting anything done by sitting here at the computer!!!! :)  Hopefully we all have productive weeks because I definitely need one!!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment