Monday, March 26, 2012

Happy 5 week birthday, Princess Presley!

Here she is at 4 weeks old with her teddy bear from Grandmommy!
So, I just wrote a big blog about all the changes Presley's made in the last few weeks, but of course, the internet crapped out and I lost the entire thing.  How frustrating!  Not to mention, I've been working on it on and off ALL day and was finally getting it finished.  *sigh*

Anyways, we've got a 5 week old now, and that is crazy/awesome/unbelievable.  What is wonderful is that she has "slept through the night" - or at least for a little one - the past two nights!  It really gives me hope and we end up having much better days after such easy nights.  We're still breastfeeding exclusively and while we've definitely fallen into an easy routine there, it is still very tiring/taxing having someone attached to you so much.  It's a lot of work but it is worth it for all the benefits she and I are receiving by breastfeeding.  I'm so tempted to switch to formula for the convenience factor, but I'm sticking with it.  I met the 4 week goal for breastfeeding and set a new goal to continue to breastfeed until she's 3 months old.  But of course if in that amount of time it just stops working well for us, then I'm not going to beat myself up if I don't meet this new goal.

One funny thing that has been changing in Presley is her hairline!  She's beginning to lose some of her hair in the front.  Here is a picture from her "newborn" pictures when she was 2.5 weeks old...

Such a wonderful photo! http://www.rickjennisch.com/

And here she is last week...
Definitely losing some hair up top, but just as cute!

And one change that we're making around here is to start reading stories to her.  I haven't been reading to her whatsoever because I didn't really know the importance of it, but after reading this article I'd like to start!  I think I'll start by reading stories from a big book on life from my sister, Amanda, as well as pick some little books from her growing library!

I'm going to be writing a blog about my favorite mommy must-have's because there have definitely been some things that I have really come to appreciate having over these last few weeks.  I started making a mental list of things to share with my sister (who's expecting her first in just a few short months) and the list has really been growing and I'm excited to share the things we have loved using.  After reading some of my fellow new-mom bloggers share the items they've most enjoyed (Little Baby Garvin, Life Lessons of a New Mommy, and Mi Todo) it's inspired me to do the same as well as go out to buy and try some of their favorites that may come in handy with Presley!

That's about it for this blog, I'll leave with some photos of us from the past few weeks!  Have a happy week everybody.
Here we are on the 17th -- St. Patrick's Day & Presley's first holiday!

And here we are the 24th!

1 comment:

  1. Grant is losing his hair too! His receding hair line keeps on creeping further and further to the top of his head. I'm sad he is losing his little baby hair :(

    ReplyDelete