Monday, November 14, 2011

25 week Pregnancy Reflection

How far along?:  I am already 25 weeks & 3 days along in my first pregnancy.  (On my way to being six an a half months pregnant.)

14 weeks & 4 days to go!
Time to get a new shirt...


Size of the baby:  Our baby is still the size of an eggplant this week -- just a little bit bigger, though!

9.2 inches and 2 pounds so far!


Gender:  We are expecting a sweet baby girl:  Presley Rose.  And even though Tony was hoping for a boy, I think he is more excited to welcome a girl to our family than I am, at times!  :)

Movement:  As usual, just a little moving machine in different parts of the day.  When I lay down at night and she decides to kick, you can outwardly see my belly jump!  It's pretty cool to see how strong she's getting.  She's kicking me right now right where my pants hits my hips... she loves to kick on the belt line as if she's asking for more room or something!  She just kicks over and over and over until I change into my comfy pants!!!  (Now that I'm in my sweatpants, there is far less kicking-- that's my girl!)

Cravings/Aversions:  Hmm... all things sugary-sweet!  For really the first time in my pregnancy, Tony has started to (slowly) put his foot down about what I consume.  He's very worried at the possibility of gestational diabetes so he's started to give me a hard time if I have one too many cookies.  I've been loving sugar cookies, ice cream, cakes, etc.  I'm also craving yummy coffee's from Starbucks these days.  I can't wait to enjoy these things without having to worry about harming someone else!  As far as aversions go, shrimp is definitely high on my list.

I am feeling:  I am feeling frustrated that I can't do all the things I could do before becoming pregnant and I'm also frustrated at my lack of motivation and energy most days.  I am feeling extremely thankful for a husband who has picked up SO much more slack than he has to.  And despite my frustrations, I am really feeling hopeful as I am constantly getting more energy and motivation to stay busy and be active.  And after our baptism preparation class tonight, I am so thrilled to have our baby baptized at the church we love so much in the not-so-distant future!

What I miss most:  As usual, I miss being able to lay on my back -- I never realized how much I liked to do that until I am now unable to do it.  I miss being able to drink coffee, although it's probably better that I don't anyways.  I'm starting to miss being to bend over comfortably as well as sleep comfortably -- my hips have started to hurt from laying on them constantly. 

Best moment of the week:  My birthday was so awesome this past week.  Tony made me an awesome chocolate birthday cake with mickey mouse on it (because I love all things Disney) which was so thoughtful.  I got some really sweet birthday gifts from friends & family that I can't wait to enjoy.  I also had a blast at my birthday dinner at Red Robin with some people I love that made me feel SO special.  I really couldn't have asked for a better birthday.

Me with my delicious cake at Red Robin!


What I'm most looking forward to this week:  I am REALLY looking forward to seeing Breaking Dawn once it comes out.  I also can't wait for my next appointment which is in exactly one week.  I love seeing the progress being made every month.  And even though Thanksgiving isn't for another week and a half, I honestly cannot wait!!!!  Hopefully I can successfully talk Tony into helping me rearrange/redecorate our bedrooms this week and possibly start to put up holiday decorations!!!


And as I am nearing the end of the second trimester, it is really starting to hit home that our life is going to make some huge changes pretty soon.  I am comforted by the many families I know who have made these changes and by the women I know who truly seem like their lives are much richer after the addition of their little ones.  I am both excited and fearful and still very much in awe of all God has already bestowed upon us. 

Hoping everybody's week is filled with blessings,


No comments:

Post a Comment