Wednesday, June 25, 2014

38 Week Pregnancy Reflection {baby two}

How far along?:  Phew, didn't think I'd still be posting these at this point!  I am 38 weeks along in my second pregnancy and I wholeheartedly thought I would have had Molly by now!

L: Me @ 38 weeks with Presley
R: Me @ 38 weeks with Molly

I am feeling:  I'm not feeling terrible, to be honest with you... I just think I am getting mentally exhausted of being SO pregnant.  I have some pregnant friends who are still in the early stages of pregnancy who have said they're jealous that I'm nearing the home stretch... but I have to be honest and say I think they are crazy to be jealous of ALL this right now!!!!  I know they mostly mean they're wishing they were getting ready to meet their baby's already... but holy moly - the third trimester is TOUGH.

Size of baby:  Still about the size of a watermelon (YOWZA!) at about 6.5 lbs & 19-22 inches!

Movement:  Molly still moves most when I'm in bed for the evening... lately I will feel her down low in my belly on the far right side and simultaneously will feel what I'm guessing is her feet up in my ribs on the far left.  So I am really thinking she is going to be leggy like her dad!  And FINALLY, Tony witnessed Molly when she seriously looks like she is trying to crawl out of my stomach.  And he was as freaked out as I always am when it is happening!!!!!  It's seriously creepy.

What I miss most:  Ahhh... so much at this point.  I just miss the comfort of not having a 6+ pound person inside of you at all times.  As hard and as equally uncomfortable as the newborn stage will undoubtedly be, I am so looking forward to some relief.

Cravings:  PIZZA.  Which is so bizarre to me.  Tonight we are having Papa Murphy's Gourmet Vegetarian Pizza.... delicious as always! 

Best moment of the week:  This morning I was telling Presley how excited I was that she was going to be a big sister soon.  Usually this doesn't return a response from her as I figure the whole thing is too much for her to really comprehend... but today she replied, "Yeah!  Molly... soon?" and after my enthusiastic reply I gave her a hug and my eyes started watering big time.  She is going to continue to be such a wonderful helper and will be such a fantastic sister.  I just can't wait!  I really hope Presley is excited for this huge change.



What I'm excited about:  I'm excited to meet my new doctor on Friday - yes... new doctor at 38 weeks.  What am I thinking, you ask?  Well, I had a change in insurance so it was a mandatory change.  And this doctor will be my first male OBGYN - so that is going to be another big change!  I'm also very excited to celebrate with friends & family this weekend for Miss Molly's upcoming arrival.  It's easy for me to be somewhat of a hermit these days, so it will be extremely nice to see everybody.


**Don't forget - if you want to make a guess at when Molly will be here, you can enter right HERE.  There will be a prize.  And the prize will be awesome.  And I'm not sure what that prize will be yet.**

No comments:

Post a Comment