Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Molly's 7 month update



Molly is over HALFWAY to her birthday!
  • Which means we've made it seven months on breastmilk!  I remember feeling so burnt out on breastfeeding by the time Presley was all done - one year ago this month - and I honestly wasn't looking forward to hopping back in the saddle all over again.  Thankfully, Molly has made it just as easy as Presley did.  There have been moments where I just want to quit breastfeeding (and run away to a remote location for several weeks...) but as you can read, we're still doing just fine with it.  It also helps that formula prices are so outrageous.  I haven't decided yet if I plan to continue nursing after her first birthday but as long as we make it to our mark I will be thrilled!
  • Wearing a size 3 diaper.  Loves to fill them up for us, too! 
  •  Fitting nicely in your 6-9 month clothes.
  • No teeth yet but I feel like you're getting very close to cutting two at the bottom. We'll see how much longer!
  • Not a fan of purees. Still. We've tried green beans, bananas, peas, and carrots. Every time you look like you're gagging or that we're feeding you poison! You'll eat the equivalent of two little spoonfuls - at most - and then you're done. And if you do eat that much at least half of it seems to be on accident. Breastmilk, it is!
  • Been sleeping in your own room in your crib (or "kitch" as Presley mistakenly calls it) by your big girl self for exactly one month now. The first night was rocky but after that you made it super easy on us - just like your sister did.
 

  • Sleep is your buddy. You like your daily naps - about two or three of them still at this point. You do consistently well at bedtime and you would rather me just set you right down instead of doing any kind-of routine... but I make you wait until I finish one song, at least. 
  • You're a belly sleeper all the way. And a cutie-cutie-thumb-sucker!
  • You love family dance parties. So does Presley. (And so do Mommy & Daddy!) "Uptown Funk" by Bruno Mars is the popular one around here these days along with "Shake It Off" by Taylor Swift and pretty much any/every thing by Pentatonix, Sia, or Ellie Goulding.
  • Last night was your first Superbowl (XLIX) and it was the New England Patriots VS. the Seattle Seahawks. It was a super good game - very close and a lot of crazy plays at the end of the game. In the end the NE Patriots won and that's who we were cheering for - though it would've been awesome if the Seahawks would've won too... both teams deserved it. Katy Perry did the halftime show with special guests Missy Elliot and Lenny Kravitz. It. Was. Awesome.
  • You're getting close to crawling. I'll leave you in one spot and come back to find you've scooted yourself around in a circle to face a different direction... though I never see it actually happen! 
  • You love drinking water out of my straw - I use it like a little dropper and you'll drink the drops of water right up. We'll probably start offering you water in a soft-spout sippy cup soon!
  • We got your 6 month photos taken and they turned out just as adorable as I figured they would. I love the serious face - I can see all your sweet features that way.
Here is the finished product. I put you in the same outfit that Presley wore.
Here is Presley at 6 months

I know, I know... I say this EVERY month, but I couldn't imagine my life without you in it, Molly girl.  It's funny to think back on a time when I worried about what life would look like with you in it or what it would feel like to be part of a family of four.  And I have a feeling I will be telling you this your whole life.  Mommy, Daddy, and Presley love you so so much!


No comments:

Post a Comment