Friday, August 22, 2014

{Presley is 2.5}

Jeez Louise!  My itty bitty baby goose is a big two-and-a-half year old!



Presley & little cousin Annie (Summer 2014)
Annie & Presley (Christmas 2012)
Annie & Presley (Summer 2014)

I am so proud of this kiddo.

Here are some fun 2.5 year old Presley facts and stats:

*She still loves reciting her ABC's.  If you ask her what a specific letter is, she can recall just about all of them.  Smart as a whip!
*She loves her little sister.  When we're in the car and Molly starts to cry Presley will say, "It's okay Molly-girl.  We're almost there!"  Never fails to make me smile.  She asks to hold Molly on a daily basis and is very gentle with Molly.
*Presley has definitely upped her milk intake over the last few weeks - I think this is due to knowing Molly gets to drink milk around the clock.  Presley's also hit a stage where she eats very little so I've started giving her a gummy multivitamin each morning.
*Presley is teething and is working on pushing through her bottom back molars!  After those are in we only have the top back two molars and then we will {eventually} enter into the world of LOSING teeth... eeeeek!
*Daddy is still her favorite person in the entire world.  And I don't blame her one bit - he is my favorite person, too!
*She is a legitimate fast runner and loves to run.
*She's just recently started to LOVE the Tinker Bell movies. (And so do I.)  Loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Lilo & Stitch, Shrek, the Lorax, Tarzan and is just starting to open up to the older Disney movies (Cinderella and Little Mermaid so far).
*Such a great sleeper at both nap and bedtime.  Loves her new nightlight that projects stars and the moon up on the ceiling!
*Absolutely loves her toddler bed.  We'll be switching her to a twin bed here soon in the upcoming months so that Molly can have the baby mattress for her crib!
*Still peeing/pooping in diapers and neither one of us are making any effort to change that.  She has no interest in using the potty - the big one or the small potty we got her.
*LOVES playing in the water.  Sprinklers, pools, bath or shower time, spray grounds, puddles... you name it - she will jump right in and enjoy it.
*Is beginning to enjoy trips to Target almost as much as I do!  She asks to go to Target (by name!) because she knows she will get a cookie at the bakery.
*Really loves our trips to the Memphis Zoo - which are too few and far between these days because of the heat and having a newborn.  She almost always asks to see the hippos!  She asks for the giraffes and elephants and usually the big cats and penguins!  She really likes the fish in the aquarium, though I really wish they would expand their tiny tiny aquarium exhibit.  Her favorite attraction at the Memphis Zoo is the water that sprays up like Old Faithful... she could play in the water for hours if she had the opportunity.


Presley also had her first insect sting experience this week and it was a doozy!  Tony took Presley over to a family friend's house to swim yesterday and just as he went to strip her down to get her into her swim stuff he saw a wasp flitting around.  Tony stomped on the bug and went to move on when he saw another one flying around and that's when the damn bugs started to swarm Tony & Presley and attack.  Tony picked Presley up and jumped in the water where they didn't let up much until he swam over to the water sprayer on the pool.  Tony got stung once in the leg and poor Presley was closer to all the wasps before they got in the water and she had at least 3 stings we could find - the most obvious was on her left eyelid (the other two were on her right hand and left cheek).

I was at home with Molly when they called and Tony asked me to come over there.  I called my Aunt Donna & Uncle Jeff - who are pharmacists & parents - because I honestly didn't know what to do in this situation.  When they didn't answer I called my little sister who is on her way to becoming a nurse.  She was really very composed and I asked her what else besides children's Tylenol to give Presley, to which she straightaway answered with chidlren's Benadryl.  Thankfully we had some so I swooped those things up and rushed over.  Tony warned me beforehand that Presley's eye was very swollen and that it was a sad sight to see her upset - so thankfully I prepared myself for the situation on the way over.

This was at least an hour after taking the Benadryl - which seemed to help the swelling


When I got there I covered Presley's good eye and she was able to recall how many fingers I was holding up with the bad eye.  My Aunt Donna & Uncle Jeff called back right after I got to Presley and they were able to help me with the dosage of the Benadryl for Presley.  We headed home rather than an ER because from what we were reading online it didn't sound like we had to get a stinger out or that her life was in danger - though I wasn't 100% reassured.  On the way home I called so many people - the pediatric group to leave a message for the on-call physician, my older sister & brother-in-law because I figured as camp counselors they might've dealt with something similar, a friend who is a pharmacy tech at LeBonheur, Tony's aunt and Tony's mom and I couldn't get a hold of anyone.  We finally got a call back from the on-call pediatrician who was very reassuring and said we didn't have much to worry about unless her breathing became labored, she started coughing or vomiting, or if a widespread rash popped up.  Presley was really a trooper through the entire thing and we got Chick-fil-A for dinner as a treat.

Here she is this morning (in her Star Wars jammies) - no worse for the wear!

I still can't believe the wasp managed to sting her RIGHT at the end of her eyelid... I can't imagine what the hell would've happened had it stung her eyeball and I am so glad I really don't have to know what that looks like right now.  Just another parental experience we now have under our belts!

I could go on & on about Presley at this age - but I think this will do.  I can't believe she will be three in another 6 months and we'll be planning another birthday... didn't she just have one?!

Presley girl, I hope you feel how loved you are by all your friends and family and especially Mommy & Daddy.  I'm glad God's plan was more brilliant than my own and I am so thankful to have you in my home and life and family and heart.  I pray you will always be this sweet and special girl I've come to know over the last two and a half years while continuing to evolve into who you are meant to be.  I love you so much and I always will.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! Sweet Presley! Where does the time go? I'm in tears looking at her sweet face with that sing! You are so lucky to have so many professionals to call upon in times like that.

    ReplyDelete