Sunday, January 29, 2012

36 week Pregnancy Reflection!

How far along?:  Today I am 36 weeks & 2 days into my first pregnancy!

Just 3 weeks & 5 days until my due date!


Size of baby: Finally, she's the size of a watermelon!

19 to 22 inches and around 6.5 lbs!


Gender:  A baby girl!

Movement:  Still moving all around a good bit!  I love being able to feel her moving on the inside and the outside if I have my hand propped on my belly... I still get excited when that happens!  This past week she's been so good about not keeping me up at night or moving around a ton early in the morning. 

Cravings/Aversions:  Nothing really in either direction.  I have a lot of cereal (Special K-- yum!) but that's not anything new. 

I am feeling:  Super swollen!!!  Sheesh... my legs, ankles, and feet are swollen around the clock!  I have never seen my body look like this.  I also still feel pretty dang huge around the clock as well... whether it's slightly bending over, trying to sit down on the floor (impossible!), getting out of bed... pretty much everything reminds me of how big I've gotten and how big this baby is getting!!!  Other than those feelings, I mostly just feel great.

What I miss most:  I miss feeling sexy!  There is a slight possibility that every once in a while I will feel attractive, but I absolutely miss feeling irresistible instead of feeling like a whale.  Pregnancy sure knows how to take the sexy out of things, that is for sure.  :)  I'm thankful for a supportive and sweet husband, but feeling attractive starts from the inside and that's just not happening for me here.  I also miss being independent.  It's nice to be able to do what you want, when you want, and to be able to take big or small risks throughout the day.  Nowadays, I need help with nearly everything from pulling my boots off to lifting things and everything in between!

Best moment of the week:  It felt so wonderful to finish our birth classes and to finally take a tour of the birthing center!  Just walking around and seeing the hospital really gave me a great amount of peace and it really got my mind going in starting to picture being there (God willing!) in a few weeks.  I also filled Presley's dresser with all her beautiful clothes, we bought her stroller & car seat, and I grabbed lunch with my Aunt Donna this week... all things that made me super happy!

What I'm most looking forward to:  I'm looking forward to seeing everybody at my baby shower on Saturday!  I am sooo excited to see out of town friends and family and even my IN town friends and family.  It seems like I am seeing less and less of everyone nowadays which is a result of me just being a homebody so much these days.  And even though this isn't going to happen anytime soon, I am REALLY looking forward to getting back into my wedding ring!  It's been off for a few weeks now and I miss it so much.  I wear it every so often but I always regret it once I realize I can't just slip it back off!!!


On-going goals:  Putting together our stroller & car seat, walking/getting to the gym at least 3 times this week, getting some crafts hopefully done this week for the nursery, scheduling my prenatal massage, and cleaning out my car!!!!



So, it's business as usual around here... just getting things ready (slowly) for Miss Presley!  Hope nesting really starts to hit me super hard this week and gives me all the motivation I need to get everything together.



1 comment: