Saturday, January 7, 2012

50 Questions that will free your mind! (Part One)

So, I've decided to periodically reflect and write on these questions every so often like I've seen Stephany do in her blog after she found the list of 50 questions from the linked website here.  I don't think these questions are anything life-altering, but they seem to be worth a few minutes of thought.  If you feel the same and have the time, I hope you choose to answer along with me.  I have only looked over a few of the questions and decided I'm just going to dive right in -- so here are the first five questions:



#1.  How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?


I guess it depends on the day.  Lately, I would say somewhere in my early 40s.  I know that sounds extreme but my life has really begun to settle down -- especially with being pregnant -- and I just feel like my life reflects that of someone older than early 20s.  But then again, if you look around at my messy house, you would think an 8 year old lives here... so again, just depends on the day or the angle you're looking at my life from.

#2.  Which is worse, failing or never trying?

Definitely never trying.  There are things that I look back and wish I had taken a chance on - big and small things - that are no longer options anymore.  My life is wonderful the way it is, and I wouldn't want to change it, but I wish I would have taken more chances while I had the various opportunities in front of me.  Don't get me wrong, it sucks to fail, but I think I let the fear of failure keep me from taking chances.  (For example, I would have loved to do a Disney internship.  I looked into nearly every semester in college but let my fear of the unknown scare me out of it.)

#3.  If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do?


I think we do those things that we would rather not do because it's just easier sometimes than going against the grain.  For me, I am too much of a people-pleaser and it makes me anxious to think that someone will think badly of me.  So instead of saying what I truly feel or doing what I want to, I mostly just go along with what would make someone else happy and it often results in me upsetting myself.  I feel like over the years I've become more conscious about this and have tried to be more assertive so I don't go home with pent-up anger and frustrations that I could have done something about.  So, to answer the original question, that is a possible reason why we do so many things we'd rather not despite life being so short.

#4.  When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?


If the rest of my life goes along the same pattern as it has thus far, I would say it's really a toss up.  I think that I have done my fair share of things I've talked about doing, but I have so many dreams and goals that I haven't come close to achieving that I could end up saying more than I do.  But now that I'm aware of this, I hope that it will be the opposite.  :)

#5.  What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world?

I would like to change the fact that so many of us just seem to care about ourselves and only ourselves.  For example, sometimes it is just a little out of the way to hold the door for the person walking behind you, but it's really no sweat off your back.  Yet, how many times do we keep walking and let that door slam in someone else's face?  (Pretty often.)  So, I would like to change our attitudes from disconnected, big city attitudes to connected, small town attitudes toward one another on a large scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment