Monday, November 7, 2011

24 week Pregnancy Reflection!

How far along?:  I'm 24 weeks & 3 days along in my first pregnancy!
 (About 15 weeks & 4 days to go...)

Size of the baby:  Little Miss Presley Rose is the size of an EGGPLANT this week!

Just about 9 inches & 1.7 pounds!

Gender
:  We're expecting a little girl -- so excited for all things pink!

Movement:  She's been keeping pace with the movement of recent weeks - which means her kicks have gotten pretty strong and she can kick up a storm depending on the time of day.  Like last night, it never fails that this child will start kicking me as soon as I get comfortable and start to drift into sleep for the evening.  And since she's a strong kicker, it definitely keeps me up.  (I'm a pretty picky, light sleeper, though.)

Cravings/Aversions:  I don't really think I've had many of these lately.  The closest thing to a craving I've had lately took place today at Walgreens.  I stopped by to pick up a few things and happened to catch my eye on some Biscoff cookies - you know, the kind they serve on Airtran flights?  So, of course, I bought them because they are SO delicious and I have eaten many more of them than I planned!

I am feeling:  Pretty good lately.  I just have been feeling so lazy and it makes me so depressed, honestly.  I'm not sure if I don't have energy because I'm pregnant or because I really haven't been pushing myself to get to the gym and be active.  But I sit around a LOT of the day and since I'm not in school I just feel like much of my week consists of down time.  In this downtime I need to find the will, motivation, and energy to be productive because there is so much to do around the house -- but for some reason, I can't find a way to be more productive.  So, even though I've been feeling great lately, I just have been down on myself about that.

What I miss most:  Selfishly, I kinda miss the pipe dreams we'd have for the future... you know those thoughts where we could drop things for the weekend or whenever and go be spontaneous?  I mean, we didn't have a mortgage, a dog, or a kid to be considerate of in the past.  Don't get me wrong, Tony and I didn't do anything like that too often, but just having the possibility of it was nice.  Now, we might as well buy a house and get a dog because we have a baby on the way that will likely cramp our spontaneous style... haha!  This is NOT to say that if you have a dog and/or own a house that you lack spontaneity!!!  What I truly mean is these days I find myself missing the days where I felt less responsibility for anyone/anything else but myself.  Anybody else know what I mean?!

Best moment of the week:  I think the best bonding moment of the past week happened when I was driving.  It was mid-afternoon and I really couldn't remember the last time I felt Presley kick - or if I had felt her move around at all that day - so I got a tad bit worried and decided to poke my belly in the spot she's usually in (on my right side).  I poked hard enough to where I figured it would disrupt her and sure enough, she kicked me back seconds later!  It was so funny and sweet and probably the first time she's kicked me recently that I was over the moon about rather than mildly annoyed. :)

What I'm most looking forward to this week:  Well, of course, MY BIRTHDAY!  I turn 24 this Thursday and I'm so excited.  It's crazy to believe that this is my last birthday before having children of my own.  I'm not really one of those people who do anything extraordinary for my birthday every year, so I can totally see my birthday falling to the wayside once I have kids.  And ya know what, I think I'll be okay with that.  I just like feeling a little extra special one day a year and as long I'm married to Tony, I know he will make that much happen every year on November 10th. :)

2 comments:

  1. http://earlandpearl.blogspot.com/

    stumbled across that blog somehow.. look how cute the nursery is in May 17th post! -Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the name Presley Rose! Very cute! :)

    ReplyDelete