Monday, November 28, 2011

27 week Pregnancy Reflection

How far along?:  Today, I'm 27 weeks & 3 days along in my first pregnancy... 12 weeks & 4 days to go!

That's me, with the big ole' belly!  Hello third trimester!

Size of the baby:  Baby is the size of a HEAD OF CAULIFLOWER!  Can you believe it?!  Seems like only yesterday we were in Mexico with our family calling the baby "Oliver" because it was the size of an olive!

16 inches and 2.5 lbs!


Gender:  A baby girl!  :)

Movement:  She is moving several times throughout the day --especially right before I drift off to sleep every night.  She's gotten a LOT stronger, too, and when she kicks you can see my belly move from the outside.

Cravings/Aversions:  Still turning my nose up to shrimp, although, cocktail shrimp has actually started to sound really delicious!!!  Craving bananas, clementines, and oddly enough... milk!

I am feeling:  Pretty spectacular!!!! Honestly, no complaints!  I've been feeling great and have had enough energy to get things done around the house as well as working out a few times a week again (although I started to get crampy on the elliptical yesterday which made me nervous so I stopped halfway through).

Best moment of the week:  Definitely the Thanksgiving celebrations - SOO much good food - in addition to seeing Breaking Dawn last Tuesday.  

What I'm most looking forward to:  I'm actually looking forward to my glucose test on the 5th!  I feel so relieved that I don't have to fast beforehand because I work that morning and my appointment isn't until 1:15... I would be SO cranky if I had to fast until after the hour-long test.  I'm also looking forward to my big sister coming to visit on the 16th!!!!  I know that's still a little bit of time off --but it doesn't change the fact that we're getting ready and I'm getting more & more excited!  She'll be our first guest at our new rental house.



Goals for this week:  1) Get the crib up, 2) rearrange furniture in nursery, 3) rearrange furniture in living room, 4) get curtains up in master bedroom, 5) put the Christmas tree up & Christmas lights in the windows, 6) get blinds for the window on the door in the kitchen (Menards), 7) get new light bulbs for the Ikea floor lamp (Menards)...

feeling ambitious,


No comments:

Post a Comment