Sunday, January 8, 2012

33 Week Pregnancy Reflection!


How far along?:  I am currently 33 weeks and 2 days along in my first pregnancy!

6 weeks & 5 days to go!


Size of the baby:  Our baby is the size of a PINEAPPLE!

19 to 22 inches and 4.9 lbs!


Gender:  A baby girl!

Movement:  Miss Presley is still most active when I'm laying down.  Almost every morning between 3-5 AM, she gets the hiccups and then decides to somersault around for a good long while.  She still likes to wiggle around right as I get comfortable at night, as well.  But somehow after waiting it out for a bit, I can always find a way to fall asleep for a few hours at a time.

Cravings/Aversions:  Definitely craving all kind of sweet things... definitely have had an on and off craving for doughnuts and FINALLY got some delicious ones.

Thank you Dunkin' Donuts for being open late! :)

I am feeling:  pretty crappy recently!  I'm not sure why, but I've been having constant lower-back pain;  the kind where it hurts to sit, lay, stand, move, etc.  It could be a result of the large baby up front or I could be bending incorrectly or a number of things.  I've been conscious of the positions I sleep in and try my hardest to maneuver correctly, but nothing has helped yet.  My sleeping has also been all kinds of messed up thanks to peeing every few hours and a hiccuping/squirmy baby at early AM hours.  I know this is so complainy, but I am finally understanding why so many women don't quite enjoy their 3rd trimester and end up saying things like "get this baby out of me!"  I could deal with the spotty sleeping but it is very hard for me to deal with back pain and still try to do things around the house.  I'm just going to continue to hope it gets better!

What I miss most:  Right now, I miss being able to bend over without a second thought.  That is definitely what I miss most!

Best moment of the week:  I think the best moment of the week was getting home after being gone for a few weeks and sleeping in our own bed.  Also, I loved going to our birthing class with Tony last week.  Unfortunately, we went to the class directly after being in the car for about 9 hours straight and there were several times I got the giggles in class and couldn't stop!  It was definitely a fun time.  :)

What I'm most looking forward to: I'm looking forward to seeing my doctor tomorrow and hopefully finding out the direction this baby is facing!  I'm also excited about the various pregnancy classes we have this week... tomorrow night is our birthing class at Trinity and then Tuesday I have a prenatal class and Thursday a parenting class --both of those at Pregnancy Resources!


Goals for this week1) Get a 30 minute walk in 5 times this week;  2) Keep unpacking from the trip to TN;  3) Organize the house going room by room;  4) Pack the hospital bag! :)



We're getting closer and closer to go time and as scary as it is, I am getting so excited to take this huge huge huge next step with my wonderful husband.  I don't know what kind of condition I'd be in right now if it wasn't for his constant support, loving words ("I am so happy you're carrying my child!"), and his back rubs!  Not to mention our family and friends.  We are SO freaking blessed.


2 comments:

  1. Haha about getting the giggles! :) And I don't know if anyone can truly believe what future they'll face with a new baby... until he or she is actually there! I know I can't even BEGIN to fathom the changes that will come! -Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your post,as usual but i especially love the picture at the bottom!!! That is a great picture of you guys! Love you &i cannot wait for baby Presley to get here!!! :)

    ReplyDelete