Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Baby ramblings & 50 Questions (Part Three)

Today was a wonderful day-- I went to work in the AM and went to lunch with my mom, Gramma Sharon, Great-Aunt Susie, and some of my Gramma's friends.  Lunch was delicious; I had the crabcake special and it came with creamy cauliflower soup & a cup of fruit!  We talked a lot and it was really a good time for me because everyone is just floored about this pregnancy and can't wait for the baby.  (They all think I will go super early.)  Anyways, I get home and around 2 PM I am definitely feeling tired but wanting to get some dishes and other things done around the house.  What do I choose?  To sleep, of course.  But right before falling asleep, Presley gets the hiccups and after the hiccups she kicks for a while.  Usually I don't really stop and soak in all those movements, but today I did for some reason, and I'm really glad I did.  I put my hand right up to my bellybutton because she was right behind it and sticking out a hand or some kind of body part and I was just thinking how close I am to this wonderful little person I don't even know yet (emotionally close as well as physically).

And then, I was thinking to myself, "Holy shit!  In a few weeks, my life will not be like this AT ALL!"  If I do take an afternoon nap, it will only be because she is taking one first.  And then I was thinking, will I be comfortable enough to just cat-nap with her in the bed with me?  The thought of that really makes me worried of all the scary possibilities (her rolling off the bed, me squishing her, etc!)  but then I just thought of having the baby in our bed anytime throughout the day -- WE WILL HAVE A BABY IN OUR HOUSE!!!!!  It's a wonder I fell asleep right away with all these huge thoughts taking over my brain space... guess I must've been more tired than I thought!  I wonder when and if this shock will ever wear off.  I mean, if our trash is full and we're too lazy to take it out-- it's not just Tony and I who have to suffer through the smell of a stinky garbage can anymore!  Just all the big and little things about bringing a whole new person into your heart, your family, and your house is huge.  People do it everyday and make it look so effortless which is why I guess at this late point in my pregnancy I am still trying to wrap my mind around all of it and take it in so I will be as mentally prepared for these changes as possible --if it IS possible.  I just hope she likes us!



50 Questions...

#11.  You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire.  They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend.  The criticism is distasteful and unjustified.  What do you do?
It would take my a little bit to reflect internally to think about what was going on with these people I really have come to respect.  Part of me would want to sit back and blend into the situation without adding to the unnecessary negativity.  But the part of the criticizing that was unjust I would absolutely feel moved to speak on and clarify on my friends behalf.  As much as I wish I didn't gossip myself, I do and it's ugly so I am definitely not saying I am perfect in this regard.  But when I know other people are in the wrong and have something to say, I can't help but say it.

#12.  If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be?
Just be yourself everyday in every situation.  Different times in life it might seem to make more sense to go along with the crowd, to blend in, or to please someone else by doing something out of character but I can't tell you enough that it is not worth it.  There is something so beautiful about everyone's individuality and if you ever lose that about yourself it can be painfully hard to recover.

#13.  Would you break the law to save a loved one?
Absolutely would break just about every law to save the ones I love.

#14.  Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity?
I wouldn't say I've seen it first hand but I remember in school when you learn about all the great artists of the past there would be an overwhelming group of them who sounded absolutely nuts.  I really do think it's true of many great artists no matter what art form they practice.  This might sound stupid, but even some of my favorite chefs (Mario Batali) that I watch on TV seem a little crazy with their creations and that trait is one of my favorite things about those chefs and something I admire in them.

#15.  What’s something you know you do differently than most people?
Hm. That is such a difficult question to answer because there are so many people out there that I'm not sure if any of my traits or habits are different than anyone else these days.  I'm kinda a weird person -- I can be so impulsive sometimes but then on the other hand I have no problem waiting things out and not necessarily always having instant gratification with material things.  For example, I feel like where Tony and I are at in our lives we don't necessarily need to upgrade certain things and I am more than happy living without the nicest, newest things (cars, clothes, shoes, purses, etc).  But on the other hand, when it comes to going on trips to fun places or traveling to see our family and friends we don't seem to think twice.  So in short, I don't know that any of this is different than anyone else I know, but it's something unique?

*part one*    *part two*


No comments:

Post a Comment