Saturday, January 14, 2012

50 Questions that will free your mind! (Part Two)

#6.  If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?

Right now, being a stay at home mother would really make me happy.  It would fulfill me to put my marbles into raising a whole and loving person as well as maintaining a healthy home life for Tony and I.  I think that would definitely make me rich if happiness were the currency!  (Not saying that I wouldn't want to pull my hair out some days, because I'm sure that might be a reoccurring feeling, but overall, it would make me happy, I think.)

#7.  Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing?

I have yet to really DO anything with my life and constantly feel that I am just settling when it comes to making a living.  Don't get me wrong, I love my job, but I am still working a part time, minimum wage job and have yet to fulfill my bachelors degree as I am short only 5 credit hours.  In my mind, these things would be different by this point, but after finding out I was pregnant just after our wedding, I decided to put those things off until after I have the baby.  I just hope that once she's here I will stick to my goals - big and small - and continue plans for a better life for our family because they deserve it!

#8.  If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?

I would spend a lot more time on play rather than work, or rather, make sure that's what my husband did.  We would take more trips, would already live closer to our southern family members, would have bought a house by now, and just tackled more of those "big" looming life changes that we have yet to tap into yet.  I would make sure we planned a YEARLY big getaway to Disney World. :)

#9.  To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?

I'm not sure how to answer this one.  I feel like a lot of my high school years I was in control - but in hindsight, I was definitely out of control.  I guess I felt most in control of my life after moving from the Quad Cities back to Memphis in 2007.  That year I learned a lot about myself and after that year was up, Tony and I decided to move to the Quad Cities for a while (and here we are!) and ever since living here with him, I have felt in control of my life as much as possible.  I might not have my life completely where I'd like it to be, especially when it comes to any sort of professional aspirations, but I am so grateful to be where I am spending everyday with my husband.

#10.  Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?

Both, definitely.  But when I relax and think about the BIG things in life (like being someones parent, wife, etc.) it gives me a bit of peace to know that most of the time, all I need to do is show up and God will help me with the rest.  I know right from wrong, so while those things don't worry me as much, they still creep up on me at times.  Mostly, I think I will continue to worry about doing things right as a first time parent when I still feel like I won't know WHAT I am doing!




*part one*

No comments:

Post a Comment