Sunday, January 15, 2012

34 week Pregnancy Reflection!

How far along?:  34 weeks and 2 days into my first pregnancy!

5 weeks & 5 days until my due date!


Size of baby:  Our baby is the size of a LARGE CANTALOUPE this week!!!!

19 to 22 inches and about 5.5 lbs!


Gender:  A baby girl!!!

Movement:  Presley is still a moving around like a mad woman, but you can definitely tell the poor girl has no room left!  She still reserves her play time for the moment I decide to lay down at night (or for an afternoon nap) and her most consistent movement is by far her annoying hiccups.  :)  The other day, Presley got the hiccups FIVE separate times!  And of course, two of those times were in the early AM hours-- sometimes lasting up to 15 minutes or longer!  (It's usually waaay too early for me to look at the clock and time them.)  I just try to remind myself that these hiccups are really strengthening her lungs!

Cravings/Aversions:  Been drinking a TON of black tea lemonades from Starbucks.



I am feeling:  pretty wonderful again!  My back pain has gotten so much better lately, thank goodness.  My hips are still hurting at night from sleeping on them but they start to feel better once I'm up and moving.  It's definitely difficult to bend to take my shoes off or to put on my socks, but it's not so bad if I can sit down!  My hair has been awesome recently and so has my skin (burnt it real bad yesterday and it's almost already healed today!!!) so I am loving these few side effects!

What I miss most
:  I miss being able to sleep at the drop of a hat without all these crazy movements going on inside of me.  I miss being able to physically do what everyone around me could do.  I miss laying on my back and on my stomach.  I miss hot tubs!!!!  But really, even while typing these things out, it is definitely ALL worth it... even without having met Presley yet!

Best moment of the week:  I loved my doctor's appointment this week-- it felt so great to get back there to meet with my doctor and her nurses.  Presley's heart beat was 147 bpm and my doctor told me that Presley's definitely got her head down which was FABULOUS news!  I also loved going out to dinner with Tony at Red Robin this weekend.  :)

What I'm most looking forward to:  I'm excited to get Presley's room together even more this week!  We're planning on getting her mattress this week and setting up her bedding.  I'm also hoping Tony and I will be able to get dressed up and go out on a nice date this weekend.  Other than that, just ready to get this whole house looking a lot better.

Goals for this week1) Walk for 30 minutes 5 times this week;  2) Continue to clean and organize the house room by room;  3) Pack for the hospital;  4) Get caught up on laundry!


Lots of love and hopes for a great, productive week-- 

1 comment:

  1. I'm hoping to start packing soon too. I received my cute blue hospital gown yesterday and washed it tonight, so I have something to pack! I'm hoping to clean my car really good too so we can put the carseat in and get it out of the closet floor!

    ReplyDelete