Monday, August 1, 2016

Baby 3.0: 31 Weeks

{L to R} 31 weeks along with Presley, 31 weeks with Molly, and 31 weeks with Crosby
I am feeling: Everything. I've been pretty sore lately but I do remember feeling like this during my second pregnancy. I've been feeling pretty darn tired lately, too. But both of those things are pretty easy to deal with and I'm overall still feeling really great. More than anything I'm very ready to meet our first little man and see what on earth a little Duggan boy looks like!!!

Movement: This little guy is crazy, especially in the evening. I love when he kicks behind my bellybutton... my skin feels so thin there that it's the closest thing to direct contact with Crosby. I think I will miss that neat sensation a bit. Otherwise his kicks can go on and on some nights and he takes up so much space these days that he will kick on all sides of my tummy at the same time!

Baby's size: He's about the size of a head of romaine lettuce or to be more exact around 17.5 inches tall and 3.5 lbs!

Best moment of the week: I'd have to say bowling was a highlight and so was going out and shopping with my mother-in-law today! It's so nice to have some uninterrupted adult time. I also had a really fun time with Tony & the girls at the Memphis Zoo members night this weekend!


Current Craving: Tacos with verde salsa (mmmm...) and gyros! Our favorite place to get gyros has been Kabob International since we moved back to Memphis but they were (very sadly) closed this afternoon when my mother-in-law and I were out and about and hungry. I'd heard nothing but good things about the brand new place just down the street - Cedars Restaurant - so we decided to give it a shot. Super glad we did because the food was absolutely delicious. I can't wait to go back again!


What I'm excited about: Going to the doctor this week! It'll just be my second appointment with Dr. Podraza after switching back to his practice so it'll be nice to get some of my questions answered. I'm also really excited to tour two hospitals this week to see which seems to be the better fit for us. There's also a baby expo at one of the other birthing hospitals in town this upcoming weekend that I hope to go to!

As much as I'm looking forward to Crosby getting here - and there is no slowing this moving train down! - I still am dealing with the occasion irrational feelings of fear... mostly of the unknown. What are we getting ready to step into? What will life look for us with two kids and a newborn? How will the decisions Tony and I have made affect Molly and Presley? I worried about this a great deal during my last pregnancy and it was totally all for nothing. Seeing the love Presley had right off the bat for Molly made every struggle big or small completely worth it. Their love still reassures me every day! Even still, the doubt and fear and worry occasionally lingers.


I also happened upon a book of 50 scriptures and prayers for our baby boy that was gifted to us a few weeks ago and one of the first readings was from Isaiah 41:10 - "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you." And that was comforting to read and to feel. I know in my heart there is no reason to be anything but happy - and I hope it doesn't ever come across that we aren't excited for Crosby because he is very much wanted. But just like any major life change that comes along there is always a bit of trepidation as well.

We've got nine weeks (or less!) to go and I am ready to keep moving forward... I'm ready for this particular waiting period to speed on by but I am trying to enjoy it as much as possible while we're here.

No comments:

Post a Comment