Sunday, October 2, 2011

Pregnancy Q&A

Okay, so, I am so antsy!  It's definitely because of the appointment tomorrow, but it's also because I've had little to no interaction with anyone today since Tony's been in the garage all day (literally) working on stuff for his car.  So instead of waiting to write until after the appointment, I am going to write now - starting with a fun little set of questions & answers about my pregnancy from Sean Marie.

Your name?
Allison (Ali) Michelle Duggan

Baby's fathers name?
Anthony (Tony) Thomas Duggan

Are you still with him?
Most definitely; married to him so he is stuck with me!

Were you trying to get pregnant?
Nope.  I was actually informed in January that I had PCOS (Poly-Cystic Ovarian Syndrome) and because of it I rarely ovulated.  My Dr. also told me that when we wanted to start having kids that I'd most likely want to look into fertility drugs. 

When did you find out?
July 5th

Where did you find out?
The bathroom of our old apartment.

How far along were you?
About 6 weeks.

What was your reaction?
Shocked.  Then happy, scared, excited, worried, etc! :)

Who was the first person you told?
Definitely Tony.  And then I called both of my sisters... I can't remember who was the one that picked up, though!  Maybe Ashley?  All I know is I sat there for a very long time trying to let it all sink in!

How did you tell the father?

I was screaming, "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh, TONY!  Oh my gosh...." and when he came in I showed him the positive test.

What was his reaction?
He was happy and very surprised as well!  But the emotion that registered was definitely excitement!

When is your due date?
First it was February 24 and now it's the 26.

Did you have any morning sickness?
Yes, I definitely did.

What are your fears?
Big fear of not having a strong bond with the baby.

What are you most happy about?
 Hmm... I honestly have no idea.  I guess just all of us being together and being able to love on this baby all the time! :)

Did you want a boy or girl?
A girl. :)  But I'd be so ecstatic either way.

What did the father want boy or girl?
Of course, he is hoping for a boy!

Do you know what your having?
Not yet...

Do you have a name picked out?
We have several names we like - but nothing set in stone!

How much weight have you gained?
About seven pounds!

Have you felt the baby move?
Yes - but it's not very distinct yet.

Do you plan on a natural or medicated birth?
Laugh at me as much as you'd like, but I am hoping to go into it with an open mind.  I'm tending towards no drugs, but I'm also not opposed to doing what's best in any given situation (which might just end up being take the meds!).

Are you scared about labor?
Yes and no. I used to be terrified and now I am pretty okay with the idea.

What do you think will be the worst part of labor?
Pooping on the table.  Oh, and the pain of it all.  Also, I'm worried about my body never being the same afterward.

Who will be in the delivery room?
Doctors, nurses, my husband.  If my sisters come up to visit I would love for them to be in the room.

Are you having the birth videotaped?
No thank you.

Do you think you will cry when you see the baby for the first time?
I sure hope so! :)  I feel like I will but sometimes when I get in such big, important moments, my tears are nowhere to be found!

What do you think the fathers reaction to the baby will be?
Awww.... I have no idea!!! I can't wait to see his reaction!  I'm sure he'll laugh, honestly!  :)  He's just funny like that, especially when he feels the pressure to have some sort of big reaction.

How do you think family and friends will feel?
Oh man, I know our parents and my sisters are thrilled and so are our cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents, and friends.  We are lucky to have so many people who love us and are so ready to love our little baby-in-the-making!

2 comments:

  1. Great interview! I should do something like that on my blog! Have fun at your appt tomorrow!! Very exciting! :) Hope you get to find out if it's a boy or girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Sharon Thanks Sharon! :) You should definitely do the same on your blog -- would love to hear your experiences :) And thanks for the luck... only a few more hours & I can hardly stand it!!!

    ReplyDelete