Thursday, October 6, 2011

Praising everyday life...

Today's point of praise: Is any among you suffering? Let him pray. Is any cheerful? Let him sing praise. (James 5:13) Day #1

I'm starting to actively participate in a devotional for women that focuses on giving glory and praise to God.  So often I come to the Lord in times of need or out of selfishness and not often enough do I pray humbly in thanksgiving to all that God has given me.  I often think of the quote that goes something like this - what would you have tomorrow if you only received the things you thanked God for the day before?  When I read that and reflect on my prayers the day before, I mostly feel ashamed because 9 times out of 10 I didn't pray at all the day before.

So, today, I find myself especially thankful for the power of words.  I am thankful for the joy that others bring me on a daily basis; especially my sisters, friends, and the rest of my family.  I am thankful that my will and God's will are different and His will always brings me to where I grow the most.  I am very thankful for the clean water I drink every day and my pantry stocked full of food to eat; we never have to worry about going a day without either.  I'm thankful for the beautiful weather as well as my good health - both allowing me to get outside this afternoon and enjoy the day.  And lastly, I am thankful for new opportunities.

And now, onto daily life...
  • About a week or so ago I ordered a pregnancy pillow from Amazon.com after I decided to trade-in and sell old textbooks that were just taking up space.  After making a decent amount of change, I decided to reward myself with a gigantic pregnancy pillow!  I was skeptical of how much I'd like it, but definitely wanted to try something as I haven't been sleeping that well up until now (it was either trying out a new pillow or trying out Unisom).  And after using it for the past few nights, I am happy to report that it was DEFINITELY a good buy!!! Once I am ready to lay down and sleep it doesn't take me long at all before I am comfortable enough to just slip away.  It was definitely expensive, but has been worth it.

Takes up a good portion of the bed!

  • After being bummed out about our shy baby not wanting to expose whether or not we're dealing with a he or she, we are now faced with a tough decision.  So far, our three options are:  1: Choose to be surprised until he or she arrives... 2: Wait and see if another ultrasound is ordered by our OBGYN from now until then... or 3: Pay out of pocket to go to somewhere to find out!  Wait and see what we decide!  :)
  • We're still getting settled in the new house.  Things are still in boxes - mostly because we are lazy, not because it's been too difficult to unpack - but most everything is out and in it's proper place.  My favorite thing about the house is the huge pantry/storage closet off of the hallway.  We're able to fit SO much in there and I absolutely love it.  It's taken a lot of stress out of the "Oh my word, where are we going to fit everything?" worries.
 Best room in the house :)
  •   I've definitely been thinking about the time Tony & I spend together these days.  I wonder what it will be like once we bring someone else into our family and wonder in what ways it will effect our marriage.  Last night was a lot of fun - we decided to play Little Big Planet together for a while - which doesn't happen often.  It's such a goofy game that it's impossible not to laugh most of the time and it was a lot of fun to do that. :)  As a result of staying up and hanging out with me, though, he's so tired in the afternoon after he gets off work.
 Sleepy Tony :)

Enough rambling!  I'm praying for good, awesome, big, surprising things to happen for everybody tomorrow because Fridays should always be awesome and exceed expectations! :)  Later, bloggies...

No comments:

Post a Comment