Monday, May 21, 2012

Happy three month birthday, Presley girl!

We made it to month three, wow!!! So many little things have changed in this amount of time and they mostly have come and gone without much recognition as I'm not the best at keeping up with her progress on here. I just updated last week on what she's been up to, so hopefully I can find something else to talk about now.

For starters, let's go with nursing. I always expected that breast feeding would be something I did out of force and definitely would not be something I enjoyed, but I kinda think I enjoy it now! I know, that's a weird way to put it, but I am still somewhat mixed on it depending on the day. But for the most part I love the bonding time with Presley. I love that I don't have to worry about measurements and that she drinks until she's happy. (unless she's going through a growth spurt and my supply can't keep up with her; then it's one of those days I don't like to nurse!) I love that statistics seem to be in favor of breast feeding; that is what pushes me to stick with it. I've met my second goal which was to breastfeed until Presley was three months and I don't want to stop yet. So I've set our next goal for six months! That will be August 20. I can't imagine what life will be like then, but I hope breast feeding fits into the picture. I've started to pump once before bed every night and I feel fantastic about it. Knowing I have several bags of milk frozen incase of emergency really eases my mind. Although, I have to admit I'm not a fan of pumping. It's impersonal, odd, and uncomfortable. If I became ill or was on medication to where breastfeed if wasn't an option for a few days I would not like to pump and dump in the meantime; that'd be a nightmare for me. I'd do it, but I wouldn't enjoy it. We have yet to give Presley her first bottle and part of me is concerned that she will refuse a bottle. Let's hope not!

Here's our girl on Tony and I's one year wedding anniversary which so happens to be Presley's three month birthday!


That's about all for tonight; hopefully more next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment