Updates on the Princess...
|Grumpy baby! :)|
- Lately Presley has been trying so hard to turn from her belly to her back but her arm seems to be in the way! Still hasn't gone from belly to back or back to belly yet... probably because she just wants to be held all the time!
- She's found out she can put things in her mouth and loves to put her blanket, clothes, and hands/fingers in her mouth!
Here is video of her sucking on her hand! So precious.
- We're still swaddling her at night.
- As part of her bedtime routine we're reading her two bedtime books each night (Goodnight Moon & Night Night Little Pookie)
- Has been a babbling machine ever since her baptism weekend ended. It might have something to do with all the people talking to her that weekend... who knows!
Here is a video of her babbling!
- Of course she loves being held and doesn't like getting laid down for a nap during the day-- likes to sleep on mom instead. I just have to remind myself that she'll only be a baby once and she won't always like me to hold her... so I'm going to soak it in while I can. (It sure is hard to keep that outlook, though.)
- Still loving her changing table and is a happy baby on that thing.
- Loves to look at lights & ceiling fans!!!
- Recently started to dislike shower time whereas she used to love it. Not sure if we'll give the bath tub another try or stick with showers.
- Now in size 2 diapers (too many blowouts in size 1) and in 3-6 month clothes. Pampers swaddlers & luvs remain our favorite. We finally tried Target's diapers and they aren't too shabby either!
- Plan to transition her to the crib after our Memorial Day weekend trip to St. Louis! I'm excited and very nervous for that transition. I really love her being so close to us but will DEFINITELY enjoy the added personal space!
- Breast feeding is still going very well! Just started pumping once a night before bedtime to save up milk. During the day lately Presley wants to eat every two hours; not sure if it's a growth spurt, if it's normal, or a bad thing? Hoping it's just a phase. We have yet to introduce a bottle to her and I'd like to do that sometime soon if it works out. It'll be sweet to see daddy get a chance to feed her and bond with her on that level.
- She's started sticking her bottom lip WAY out when she gets sad and it is the cutest and most heartbreaking thing ever!!!! If I look directly at her doing it I can't help but tear up!
|Great-Grampa Ron & Miss Presley!|
So we got her down about 9pm tonight. She was really upset and writhing around arching her back in her bassinet, which is not normal for her. I don't know if she's uncomfortable in there or what but I hope once we get her to her crib she'll like it better.
|My little sister Ashley, Me & Presley, & my pregnant sister, Amanda!|