Monday, December 5, 2011

28 week Pregnancy Reflection!

How far along?:  As of today I am 28 weeks & 3 days along in my first pregnancy with 11 weeks & 4 days to go!

A picture I took halfway through last week!

 Size of the baby:  This week the baby is the size of a small cabbage!

We have a cabbage patch baby this week - 17 inches and 2.9 lbs!


Gender:  Could not be MORE excited for our baby girl!!!!

Movement:  I've found she doesn't move a whole lot while I'm at work in the AM as she probably likes to sleep in if she's anything like her parents!  The most popular time for Presley to be moving around is early-late evening, especially if we're lounging around watching a movie. 

Cravings/Aversions:  This past week I went crazy for fruit eating a TON of clementines, bananas, and honey-crisp apples (why do I have to like the most expensive ones?!).  I had some delicious strawberries as well which was a nice surprise as they're usually icky by this time of year.  I'm also really liking the way milk is tasting and still loving sugary things like candy bars and desserts of all kinds.

I am feeling:  Kinda weird after the glucose test today.  My stomach doesn't exactly hurt... it just feels a little funny.  I've also been even more tired than usual these past few days and will just fall asleep at any given time throughout the day in the middle of things.  Thankfully I have the sweetest husband who lets me sleep even though there are things that need to be done around the house; not sure what I'd do without his support and unconditional love.


The sugary orange drink; it wasn't TERRIBLE but wasn't wonderful either.

Best moment of the week:  I would have to say one of the best moments of the week happened Saturday-- when I woke up from an afternoon nap Tony had rearranged the furniture in the living room, put up the tree, and got furniture out of the spare bedroom we didn't need in there anymore.  Not only did I feel refreshed after the nap, but it was such a good feeling seeing how much work he put into the house in that short amount of time!

What I'm most looking forward to:  Amanda coming to visit, going to Chicago (Portillos, IKEA, downtown, ETC!!!) for the weekend, family Christmas get together --all happening next week!  I only wish Ashley could be here for all of it, too, and their significant others and then it'd really be a party!!!  BUT, we'll all be reunited soon enough!


Goals for this week:  1) Get the crib up, 2) Arrange the nursery how we want it, 3) Get curtains and X-mas lights up in bedroom, 4) Figure out where the water is coming from in the corner of our room, 5) Get the house ready for our visitor


On a totally different note:  Today is a special day, it's Walt Disney's 110th birthday!  Walt Disney is one of my favorite people in all of history so I'm going to take a moment to celebrate his life today.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, WALT!  If it wasn't for your vision, my husband and I wouldn't have had the blissful, magical, completely unforgettable honeymoon and all around best weeks of our lives that we had.  We are constantly dreaming about going back someday and now it'll be even more special to share it with our little one sometime in the future.  You keep making dreams come true even after you've passed on --if we could all be lucky enough to make such an impact someday there would be way more smiles on this planet!!!  Walt Disney wanted to build a park that adults and children could enjoy together-- most especially so he could enjoy the daddy/daughter time he spent with his girls.  I was one of those lucky kids who got to do just that with my sisters and both of my parents as a child and it was a time I cherish now!!  So, big thanks to Walter Elias for all you've created and congratulations on all your success;  wish you could be here to celebrate today in all your glory!




Nostalgic


2 comments: