Monday, February 13, 2012

38 week Pregnancy Reflection!

How far along?:  I'm 38 weeks & 3 days into my first pregnancy!  We're hitting the final stretch here!!!

1 week & 4 days until our due date!!!
Size of baby:  Baby is still the size of a watermelon this week!

About 19 to 22 inches and could be up to 7 lbs.!

Gender:  A baby girl :)  And according to the old wives tale, she will be bald as ever because I have still had ZERO heartburn!!!!

Movement:  Still a little jumping bean!  She still loves to move around and is trying to break through my skin it feels like at some points!  Her hiccups have come back to at least twice a day, but they don't seem to last as long as they did before.  I've been a little nervous over the past week because it feels like Presley's moved from being head down back to laying sideways in my belly like she was the majority of my pregnancy.  I hope she is still head down and descending like she should be!

Cravings/AversionsFRUIT.  I've recently chowed down on green grapes, bananas, raspberries, black berries, and they've all been SO delicious.  Been loving some ice and water as well!

I am feelingWONDERFUL!  My last appointment was Thursday and my OB checked me for the first time and I was 1 CM dilated, 60% effaced, and my doc could feel Presley's head.  That made me so happy to hear that things are naturally progressing the way that they should!  My pregnancy symptoms at the moment are swollen ankles and legs if I'm walking around too much, hip pain throughout the night, and getting up to pee about every hour -- or so it feels (I stopped looking at the clock each time though)!  I feel absolutely huge and it's IMPOSSIBLE to shave my legs, clip my toenails (this took me literally 5-10 minutes to do last night!!!), or many other little things of that nature.... but I still feel wonderful as long as I give myself enough time to rest and don't try to do too much.

What I miss most:  Oh geee... the same things as always, I guess!  I miss sleeping on my back and my stomach... I will enjoy that SO very much once I'm able to do that again.  I miss being able to bend and fold and flex my body as needed throughout the day.  I miss working out (lifting weights, Zumba class, etc.) and I miss being able to have a cup of coffee or a glass of wine.  But I will definitely miss being pregnant.  Might not miss being THIS pregnant, though. :)

Best moment of the week:  I'd have to say my doctor's appointment was probably a major highlight of my week.  My BP was 110/70 and Presley's heartbeat was 145 BPM, the routine GBS (strep) test came back negative -- woohoo -- and I left feeling like I had accomplished something.

What I'm most looking forward to
:  I felt so great after my doctor's appointment last week that I can't help but look forward to my appointment this Thursday!  I'm looking forward to getting a pedicure this week... just can't wait to get pampered.  And of course, I am so looking forward to meeting our baby girl!!!!!!!!!!!  I just cannot wait to find out when that will be. :)

On-going goals:  Getting our cars cleaned out, putting the car seat and it's base into my car, and CLEANING THE HOUSE!



I also want to wish everybody a VERY happy Valentines day!!!  I hope you choose to spend at least a portion of your day with someone who loves you or doing something you love.  I am really looking forward to EVERY day I get to spend with my husband because he makes me so happy.  :)  This journey has honestly just brought that to the forefront of my mind and has given me such an appreciation for him.  I realize how lucky I am to have him with me because I've seen other friends of mine go through huge life changes such as having a baby and it brought havoc into their relationship and forced a wedge between them and we have only gotten stronger!  Even though I know you don't read my blog, HAPPY VALENTINES DAY, baby... cannot believe this is our last holiday just the two of us. :)

Supremely blessed.....

2 comments:

  1. You look great. Glad you are feeling good. It's getting close! Can't wait to see what Presley looks like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so close! And looking great! I had almost zero heartburn and my little girl is pretty bald so it may hold true. Btw, wanted to let you know that I shipped out your products from the giveaway today. Hope you like it. :)

    ReplyDelete