- 01. GO TO DISNEY. We plan to make a trip out to the west coast later this year (more than likely this Fall) to visit my brother-in-law, Sean. While we're out there we will visit Disneyland and I am so pumped... none of us have been to that park, so it'll be fun for all 4 of us to experience a "first" together! I just can't wait for Presley to get to see so many of the things she's wanted to see - the princesses, a castle, the rides, the food... I AM SO EXCITED. It has been way too long since our last trip to Disney (Downtown Disney - July 2013) and even longer since we've visited the parks (WDW- May 2011) so this will be so magical. Naturally, I just want to set a date so I can start planning!
- 02. LOSE 20 POUNDS. Yep. I said it. And I sure do need to. Ideally, I would like to find a gym around here to join - in the past, that is just what I've had the most success with. If not, I will give running another try. I can run with the girls in their double stroller or I could wait until Tony is home and run solo. I would also like family walks to become a regular thing for this family. I'd also like to cut Coke out of my life for a month and see how I feel about making it a more permanent thing. (I know... so sad...) Another thing on my list of goals for the year is to cook at home more often - I feel like this could help aid in losing weight as well.
- 03. DECORATE OUR HOUSE. We have yet to fill some of our picture frames and the ones we have already filled we have yet to hang! I've got so many gorgeous crosses I've been collecting for the cross wall I'm planning in our entryway. And I want to hang everything for our gallery wall in the living room - among a bunch of other things to decorate around here.
- 04. GET AWAY. It's been a long time since I've visited a zoo I've never been to before and it's about time to change that. It's also been a long time since we've just taken a quick weekend getaway. And it's been an even longer time since I've visited a state I've never been to before. So for this one, I am gonna hit several birds with one stone. Whether it's a trip as a family, just me & the girls, a trip just Tony and I, or a trip by myself... I want to visit a state I haven't been to before & see the sights they have to offer - including their zoo. I feel refreshed after taking trips like this.
|It's clear what was on my mind while at the library today.|
- 05. EXPLORE. I look forward to lots of adventures in 2015 -- especially here in Memphis. I want to take Presley to the Children's Museum of Memphis and to the zoo all the time. I want to visit parks and take nature walks and go on some family bike rides. Join mommy groups on outings. We'll visit Mud Island, go to Redbirds games and explore as many of the museums in town as we can. There is something gratifying about visiting the city you live in.
That's it for me. And of course I plan to write posts as we mark these things of our to do list this year. I'm excited to get started! What is in the cards for you? Let me know what you plan to do in 2015. And for those of you who live in Memphis -- where are your favorite places to explore?