Tuesday, February 11, 2014

No Looking Back!

It's February 11th today... that means exactly 9 days until my BABY turns two years old!  And after that, there is no looking back.  She will never be one again!  I am so excited for her being two and beyond... to watch her become a big sister... for her to master things like jumping and maybe start the earliest stages of swimming... to go from a crib to a toddler bed... to start having favorites and all those fun, crazy things that two year olds do.  (Notice: Not on my list of things I'm looking forward to is potty training.  The thought of it scares the hell out of me.  But, hopefully that will come too.)  Expect a supremely sappy birthday post sometime next week... assuming I can hold it in that long!

Presley's first time sliding by herself!

This happy girl sang her aunt Ashie a happy birthday! It was the sweetest. 
This is a still from the video we sent Ashley.

Other news?  I think I have tentatively ruled out fixer-upper homes.  Ideally, it would be a fantastic idea, experience, and investment - but when you consider where we are currently ("homeless" with one baby and another on the way) I just don't think it's an option for us.  If it doesn't have EVERY thing we want and there are projects we'd like to do down the road -sure!- but we are going to focus on homes that already have the basics and that are move-in ready.  Coming to that conclusion has given me a great deal of peace in this process.  While there are still so many unknowns for us and plenty of decisions to make, I am happy to have one decision tentatively checked off.  Next up?  What part of the Midsouth are we going to live in?!  So many options!

We are looking in the Memphis area for a home - this includes so many areas... Bartlett, Cordova, Germantown, Midtown, Downtown, Collierville, Oakland, Lakeland, and then there are the cities just off the Tennessee border in Mississippi... Olive Branch, Southaven, etc!  Granted, we've narrowed it down beyond that initial list... I still feel like we have so many options and they are all so very different.  Different style homes, different taxes, different schools, different commutes.  There are strong pros and cons in each city we are looking in.  When we were still navigating the loan process I viewed these choices as more stressful than they were exciting but now that we are READY to buy - I am getting more and more excited with each new hopeful.

Tomorrow Presley and I, along with our fabulous realtor, are going to check out the second round of houses - this time in a totally separate area than the last.  We will hopefully be scouting out four just like we did the last time.  I plan to share some of my favorite things and additional observations about these homes, too.  I am trying so hard not to get my hopes up because anything could happen... but I really really really feel like one of these four houses could become our home.  My friend Lindsey said that when they were looking for homes they had a list of expectations for their home - both needs and wants - and the way that they picked "the one" was going by that list.  Well, these next houses seriously have so many of those things for us.  I look forward to writing a blog later in the week that includes what we are looking for in this home!

Other excitement for this week?  We're going to get Presley's BIRTHDAY pictures done today!  I gave her a bath before naptime this afternoon and guess what happened?  Right before Presley got out she slipped and smacked the entire side of her face.  When I put her down it was still red so I wonder if that will make the photos!  I'm so excited for the results of these pictures and can't wait for you guys to see her sweet outfit.

Another thing I am just busting at the seems about is going to see WICKED with my mother-in-law, Selena, tomorrow evening!!!!  I saw it in Chicago in 2005 with my Aunt Donna and I was absolutely blown away by it.  So much so that when I saw it was coming to Memphis I knew there was no way I wouldn't be going to it and I am beyond excited for Selena to see what it's all about.  I am also excited to see how it compares to the first time I saw it.

Here is Presley with her Papa Mike & Grandmommy Selena at lunch Sunday... this is after we looked at the four houses from the post earlier in the week! So very thankful for my in-laws support and input throughout this process.

Then, later this week, we will have to chance to visit my sister and future brother-in-law!  They live about 5 hours away so they are just close enough for a trip but just far enough to not do it regularly so this is special for us!!!  And next week?  Well, we just might be finding out if baby 2 is a HE or SHE!  And then there is Presley's birthday and birthday party!!!  It seems like there are so many exciting things going on right now and so many things bringing us joy and anticipation right now.  I've got to remember to pace myself and not get too worked up about everything because it's those moments that when things don't go the way I planned it can be pretty upsetting... so just have to stay positive!

Presley, Baby 2, & I last week visiting Selena at work! 
I'm just about 18 weeks here.

Hope to be back later in the week with some positive news and that in the meantime you are having a spectacular week as well - I'd love to hear about it!!!  And for those of you who have sent me well wishes, advice, or just to let me know that we've been in your thoughts throughout the first time homebuying process - I appreciate you more than you may be aware.  None of it is unsolicited or unwanted in any way and I take your words of wisdom to heart.  Putting myself out there and giving you all specifics on our current situation is so that I can get your feedback - so I hope you know I TRULY appreciate every word of it.  So thank you friends and family... I love you guys so much and only hope to be a blessing in your life like you have been in mine!

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe Presley is already going to be two.
    She is ridiculously cute indeed.

    Best of luck on the house hunting!
    Such a stressful process, we just bought a new house in December and sold our old one, I vowed to never move again (or at least for a long time).

    http://everydayholy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goodness, I am going to have to go back in your blog and pour over some of those home buying/selling posts. I haven't been able to keep up with anyones blogs (including my own - lol) since our craziness started in December.

      How do you like the new place? I hope you guys won't need to move for a long time either!!! I agree though, after this, I hope we are staying put and happy with where we are for a looooong time!!!!

      Delete