Saturday, July 15, 2017

Saturday ramblings...

This is the second week in a row that I forgot about pizza Friday and didn't remember until Saturday. So we ordered pizza tonight - like we did last week - and I'm considering moving pizza Friday to pizza Saturday.

My poor kids have been taking turns being sick lately. Molly and Crosby were last week and now it's Presley. Her tests came back negative for strep & mono but it could've been too soon to test for the latter. She's on antibiotics because it really does look and seem like strep. Hopefully it is and the meds will knock it out.

Crosby is 9 months old. We've made it this long in our breastfeeding journey and when I think about how protected he is with the extra immune boost from my milk it makes me want to carry on nursing him after his first birthday (which is just over 2 months away). I'm conflicted. It'll be nice to continue on that relationship while he's still so little but it would also be fantastic to have another part of my body back to myself after being pregnant or nursing since summer 2011! It'll definitely feel like the ending of an era for me and while there are so many things to look forward to in that upcoming chapter, I am still apprehensive about leaving it all behind. So, we'll see where we end up when we get there!

Oh man and Molly is three!!!! I have been meaning to write about this but of course I just haven't been real into that lately. This kid is still giving me a run for my money but it SEEMS like we're turning somewhat of a corner lately and MAYBE leaving the "terrible" behind us in the twos. Her vocabulary has been bursting here lately and that helps her to express herself so much which helps her feel less frustrated. Or so it seems. She's getting so big BUT Tony noticed her 3 year measurements in the garage were just about the same as Presley's 2.5 year measurements! So seems like she will be more my build. Maybe? I'd like to take the girls to go see Cars 3 sometime soon maybe as a late birthday thing... but we'll see about that. As much as I'm so so so so so apprehensive and just SAD about sending Presley to kindergarten in the Fall, I am really looking forward to the time with Molly!

My best friend Betsy is getting married in May. I'm so happy she's so happy and even more excited to be there for her on such a special, beautiful day in her life. I can't lie that I'm really super excited to get back to the Quad Cities and see some familiar faces and eat at some of our favorite places!!! Even though it's still pretty far away I'm already looking forward to some Quad City pizza, Ming Wah, La Flama, and so many other places. It'll be the first time all 5 of us head up there, too. And before that will be Bets' bachelorette trip and I can not wait!!!! I haven't seen this much of her in the longest time and it's seriously just what I need.

I recently caved and fell in love with LuLaRoe thanks to my childhood best friend selling it and I am addicted. The clothes are beautiful and most importantly COMFORTABLE! And perfect for everyday living. I'm having a LuLaRoe party next weekend and I can't wait to get my hands on some new stuff and for a nice little ladies night!!

I'm currently listening to "Big Whiskey and the GrooGrux King" and I've said it before but maybe not enough that this is my favorite CD of all time, I believe. It is so easy to listen to and I feel like they got everything just right. The music. The lyrics. The mood. The flow from one message to another. Up, down, mellow, jam... it's just great to listen to.

I can't stop trying to plan our way to Disney lately. And I really don't think it's going to happen anytime soon. I wish I could make it work for September 2018 or February 2019 but even those seem unattainable for us. And Presley has really become an even bigger Disney addict than me!!! I love it. But we've created a little monster. She cannot wait to get back and here I am saying the same thing so I suppose I don't blame her. She is so incredible and so understanding when I explain it's because of money. We talked about the various ways they can help us get to Disney and one of them was to not buy any toys unless it's their birthday or Christmas (which is honestly how it should be anyways) and so every time she asks for a toy in the stores I'll pause a moment and she'll remember what I asked of her. She'll go, "Oh! Oops!!! I forgot. No toys so we can save our money!" I just love her so so much.

It's officially been 17 years since I last saw my dad which feels just as long as it sounds.

Anyways. That's it. Brain is now (mostly) empty. My plans for the rest of the night: shower, watch One Tree Hill, and sleep. Goodnight everyone.













No comments:

Post a Comment