Sunday, January 13, 2013

Top 5 Reasons Why I Love My Hubby.

I love reflecting on my blessings and invite you guys to do the same!  If you want to participate and share the reasons you love your significant other, don't forget to link back to this post so I can add your posts to the bottom of this entry!

For always being my best friend. 

He's someone who teaches me, who helps me, who listens to me, who I can trust, who laughs with me, who loves me, who cares about me endlessly; I can always go to him and can count on him.

Because he is mine.
http://www.nmyphotography.com/

He doesn't play games, I don't have to guess if he is devoted to me or not - I am his wife and he is my husband and he never makes me feel otherwise.  (Yet, it is never about ownership with either of us, just to be clear.)  He makes himself and his heart available to me and I am so thankful for that.

He is HOT!

What?!  He is, can you blame me for mentioning it?  I will spare all the red-hot details (you're welcome, Selena!) since I know our families read this, but from his smile to his moves... my husband's got it going on!  And I hope that every woman would include this on their list as well because attraction and intimacy is so important in a marriage!  

(I'm not saying that there won't be ups and downs when it comes to the level of attraction between two people - especially two people who know everything there is to know about each other - but as long as it is there in some capacity most of the time, you're doing alright!)

He shares.
http://www.nmyphotography.com/
He shares in my joys and upsets as if they were his own, he learns to love the things I love (Starbucks, all things Disney, Harry Potter, finding good deals, etc), he also shares the things he loves with me (football, cars, blackjack, the Beatles, gadgets, etc), we share common interests (Coca-Cola, exploring new places, visiting zoos, food, our families, etc) and my favorite of all he shares his time with me by making me and Presley a priority! 

He is a dad.


You know that saying, "Any man can be a father but it takes someone special to be a dad" - well that is Tony.  I say this all the time, but it's so fun watching him be a dad to Presley.  And I love that the few times we have gone out just the two of us that he brings up Presley just as much as I do! 




There are so many reasons why I love my husband and to be able to name several off the top of my head makes me very happy.  Now, what are your top 5?  (And don't feel like you have to stop there!)






2 comments:

  1. this is so inspiring, to know there really is love like that out there. even if it's not all the time, commitment is something a lot of people put on the back burner these days. no one takes a relationship, much less a marriage seriously. i love you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I think I might have to participate in this and post about my husband too. Though it will sound like I'm copying this exact post since there are so many reasons that are the same why I love Matt.


    And for the record, I've always thought your hubby was hot too. He reminds me of mine and obviously I have a type: thin, white and a little nerdy. :p You two make a great couple!

    ReplyDelete