Monday, July 22, 2013

Marriage Monday: Getting to Know You -- Link up!

Happy Marriage Monday!

Today, I am not sitting behind a computer currently typing (which is why this post will ACTUALLY be on time this week!) - instead, you can imagine me sitting on the beach at this very moment because we are on vacation!  Which honestly couldn't have come at a better time for us.  But more on that later!  We planned this vacation a few months ago and have been looking forward to it so very much.  It'll be Presley's first time visiting the beach and I can't wait to see her reaction to the sand and the waves and the seagulls and all the sights, sounds, and smells of the ocean!

This week I wanted to post something light, airy, and super fun and decided to host a link up!  One of my favorite things to do is to get to know people.  Sometimes this means getting to know new folks, learning more about the people who are already in my life, and one of my favorites... getting to know Tony every day.  Plus, seriously guys?  I do all the talking here!  I am constantly trying to think of ways I can get to know your marriages better.  Perfect way to make all these things happen?  Host a link up and find a way to involve the hubs as well.  This means... QUESTION AND ANSWER TIME!





My answers will be in green.
His answers in gray.

How did you two meet?
We met through similar interests and similar friends.  I was dating one of his best friends and we were all playing soccer at the same church. 
We met at the soccer fields of Brookside Baptist Church in Memphis.  She was dating one of my best friends, Peyton. I was riding by her and her friend Christine on my yellow mountain bike and she said hello.


What were your first thoughts when you met your other half?
Oh my goodness.  He is THE CUTEST boy I have ever met.  I can't imagine what it would be like to date someone like him.  He is way older than me and couldn't be more out of my league!  Of course, I was twelve at the time... but to be honest, I still think he is the cutest boy, ever and I don't ever forget how lucky I am to be his wife and best friend. 
She’s very pretty! And she is has to be the fastest girl out here on the soccer fields!


When did you know you were going to marry your significant other?
Hmm.  I guess that's hard to say because when started dating we were both in high school.  Not only that, but I was a freshman.  So naturally, with him being my first love, I felt certain we would end up getting married.  Over time I got that same feeling for different reasons.  Ultimately, when we lived 8+ hours away from each other and I could never keep him out of my mind, life, or heart, I knew that we would always be together. 
I can’t really remember a specific moment when it clicked, but she was the first girl I ever really loved and I wanted her to be the last and only one.


What is the one thing you will always disagree on?
(Or likewise, what is something you will always agree on?  Whichever way you prefer to answer!)
How often the car needs to be washed.  He washes our car all the time! 
What to eat for dinner? What movie to watch? Lol. I can tell you what we will ALWAYS agree on, PEPSI SUCKS! COKE RULES!! #1stworldproblems


What has your other half recently done that made you love them even more?
Anytime he washes the dishes that are piled up in our sink.  (Which is... always.)  Also, the way he automatically wakes up with Presley every morning on the weekend without a word from me.  Best husband and best father I could have ever dreamed of for me & Presley! 
Well recently and a little in the past. But she is such a great mom to Presley and I really feel like Presley is growing up to be such a happy baby and so loved and cared for. Ali takes such good care for her and always puts her first. It really cements my feelings that I married the right woman to raise my children with.

P.S. She also enjoys Top Gear (BBC) maybe more than me sometimes and bought me some laps in a badass Ferrari!! =D



And that, in a nutshell, is us folks!  Hope you had fun getting to know our marriage a little bit today.  I had a blast reading my husband's answers and love love love hearing these affirmations from him.  If you're interested in partaking in this link-up, you have the next week or so to take part so start working on those hubbys now!!!

Chasing Moonlight & Roses


If you'd like to take part in the link up, grab the button up there and start answering!  Can't wait to see what everybody comes up with so come back and share your links below!








2 comments:

  1. Here is my link-up!
    http://itsmylifethisgirlslife.blogspot.com/2013/07/link-up.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab post and lovely idea for a linkup, Alice @ Mums Make Lists x

    ReplyDelete