Friday, January 1, 2016

2016 Goals

I know, I know... it's so cliche to end the year/begin a new year by making lists and setting goals. But I can't help but get swept away in the nostalgia that the New Years holiday brings. So, here we go.


  • Save. Is this not on anyone else's list for the upcoming year? Anybody have "spend" on their list instead? I guess since nearly ever other bullet point on my list will require spending money, maybe it's good to include saving in just one. 
  • Eat out less. One, because it's healthier to eat from home. Two, because... saving money.
  • Start and finish two major projects around the house. The ones I'm reaching for at the moment: adding shoe boards to most of the house and staining a whole lots of cabinets (two bathrooms worth and a whole lotta kitchen cabinets). I'd like to add more projects to get done, but realistically, I'm just gonna stick with these two and hope we can get them done!
  • ZUMBA. I have to get back out there and be active this year... have. to. And I've been missing Zumba for years. So. It's time. I'm hoping to make it to classes twice every week.  I've got a membership through my insurance that includes all kinds of local gyms so now it's just a matter of making it to one. And if you live in town and happen to be looking for a casual workout buddy... I might be your person!
  • Preschool for Presley. How do you even begin this one?! And how is it already time for this? Just accepting that as an impending reality kinda breaks my heart a bit. Sending her out into the real world!!! Okay, I don't want to think about this so moving on...
  • Get rid of stuff. For starters the stuff we rarely use. And then move on to the stuff we just plain don't need. It always feels good to simplify.
  • Get the Corolla fixed. It's currently sitting and doing nothing just waiting for us to give it some TLC. I don't remember what was the problem with it, but I think multiple things, and mostly we just need to have it towed and diagnosed and go from there. It'd be great if Tony could drive it most of the time because 1) his is a two door and not the most family friendly and the Corolla is a four door and much more family friendly and 2) Tony drives a manual - and I don't know how - so it's impossible for us to swap cars if needed at the moment. Plus, the Corolla is probably a little less safe for the kids to be in full time when compared to the Fit... so even though I would rather drive my Corolla, I think it'd be better to drive the Fit. I don't think the Corolla would require much to get it in good, running shape again, but it's just a matter of doing it and putting in the time and money.
  • Get away. For just a weekend or a couple days. Give Tony and the girls some uninterrupted time together. ;) I'd say a sister trip but I'm not sure Amanda will be up for leaving her new babe anytime soon... so maybe a 2/3 sister trip. Or maybe just a solo trip! Who knows.
  • I'd love to hear that prediabetes is no longer an issue for me. That'd have to be the biggest hope for 2016 for myself right now. I need to start taking it even more seriously than I have been. And I'm sure that diabetes will be a part of my life in some way, shape, or form from here on out. But that also means I need to get better about my diet.
  • Give my family the best of me. Especially my baby girls. Stop wishing the days away! Enjoy the days and moments with them. Try to be happy... because it continues to go by faster and faster.




I feel like there are a million things that have been on my mind lately to keep up with or begin or let go of or change for 2016 but my mind tends to wander these days so this list will have to do for now. I'm sure I'll add things here and there as the year progresses. I'd love to hear what everybody has on their 2016 list. Here's to noticing the beauty this year... to actively stop to smell the roses!

No comments:

Post a Comment