Why Do You Run?
I was advised to answer this question because at the point I'm at in the couch to 5k is usually when beginners start to lose their steam. If I know exactly why I run, then the theory is I can keep from getting burnt out and focusing on these reasons will keep me going!
- To get in shape post-baby. It's just amazing (or the opposite of amazing...) how much your body changes throughout carrying your baby. It's all fun and exciting at the time and then once the baby is on the outside, you are left with basically a deflated tire for a belly. I'm actually to the point where I am okay with my post-baby body and dare I say proud of each and every mark. Even still, I want to make strides (pun intended) towards building muscle. Most specifically, I want to feel better about my legs!
- I want to have a healthy hobby as well as maintain a healthy lifestyle and running is one way I can move a step closer to those goals.
- As much as I love my special little family, I would also like some time throughout the week to be able to clear my head and focus on nothing! Even if it's for 20-30 minutes at a time.
- I want to complete a 5k. I've run/walked a 5k before, but I want to jog a 5k from start to finish and cross it off of my bucket list!
- I want to be able to lounge around throughout the week and eat dessert without feeling guilty!
- As stupid as it may sound, I think about Presley a lot when I run. She is a big motivator for me. I'm not sure if I want her to be proud of me or what, but she is one of the reasons I run. I also think that if I can stay somewhat active on a regular basis then hopefully it will help keep me healthy so I have more time to spend with her and Tony.