Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Congratulations, Mr. President!

“Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things… and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”
        -  Walt Disney


I am beyond elated, hopeful, and excited that I am able to live in the United States under the direction of Mr. Barack Obama as our president!  In his speech after being reelected, he said he has never felt more hopeful for our future.  I can't explain why, but I have been filled with that peace and hope the past week or so, as well.  I told my sister my feelings of hope last night when we were talking politics over the phone.  I am so proud of our president and just as before, Barack Obama has left me feeling motivated - just as he did four years ago.

I went through my old blog to uncover my sentiments after the last election and I found some gems I wanted to document here....


07 November 2008:

"Alright, soooo-ooo much has been going on in my own personal life, my faith life, and just life in general that the election, sadly, took an extreme back seat. And even though it saddens me a little because it is going to be talked about for years to come and it is such a huge step for our country - I'm okay with staying out of it. I didn't really care for either candidate too much to put all my marbles in their favor, ya know? I guess I just don't really trust the people in politics all together. But, I did want to write in my journal about the affect this next president is potentially going to have on our nation. If I would have voted, it would have been for Obama. I think he is going to definitely change things up... but I don't have all (or any!) of the answers, so I have no idea if what he is planning to do is going to work or not. I am afraid of all the economic stuff going on and it makes it very hard for me to say that I am happy about all of his choices -- but I am just going to put my faith and my trust in God because I do believe this is happening for a reason. We will see where it takes us. I just hope that everyone can sit back and just try to relax... I mean, he hasn't screwed up yet so please just let's be supportive. I can keep hoping it'll all work out..."


19 January 2009:

"Obama's inauguration tomorrow - what an exciting day! I hope for everyone to have joy & peace in their hearts & pray for understanding & patience for everybody, especially towards our new president. He's got a lot to come up against because times are tough - but I totally see him being our new fearless leader & doing great. Goodnight everybody."

21 January 2009:

"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
Walt Disney


Am I a big cry baby, or what?
All night last night I was fighting back tears while watching clips & pieces of Obama's inauguration & balls and everything. There were two times in particular I really wanted to cry (and did): Of course, when he took the Oath of Office & when Beyonce was singing "At Last" as they took their first dance as President & First Lady. It was just beautiful. Beyonce totally said it right after she got done singing - Obama really does make me want to become more involved, be a better & smarter person, and just try so hard. I am completely excited at what the next few years are going to be like with him in office & really taking care of things."


It's striking to read how different things were in my life four years ago and how different my maturity level was - yet, my heart was still very much the same.  I know that there are many people who want to blame the president for all the bad things that have happened over the last four years; there are people who refuse to acknowledge the great things that have happened over the last four years as being anything Mr. Obama had a hand in.  But what is the point of blame?  (Most of it is all circumstantial and hearsay.)  I know our president isn't perfect but I also know that no one is.  I honestly just feel happy and hopeful - as I said before - and I know that things are going to get so much better... and THAT is what I choose to focus on.  I don't expect everyone to agree with me, and I welcome your opinions as long as they are laced with maturity and respect for all parties involved.  I just hope that people can let go of the bitterness and hatred in their heart so they can enjoy the good times ahead of us.  If not, shame on you, and I ask that you stay out of my view with that negativity - because I am starting an anti-complain campaign for myself and my life in this next year!  But more on that another time...

For now...  

CONGRATULATIONS Mr. President and the Obama family!  I will continue to pray for your safety, strength, and divine guidance throughout your next four years in the White House!  Can't wait to keep moving forward!


No comments:

Post a Comment