Friday, September 9, 2011

16 weeks & counting!

Today I'm 16 weeks pregnant and really starting to feel pregnant since my tummy has really started to stick out way more than before.  People I know pretty well are commenting on the baby bump and I get so excited when they do because I look pregnant instead of just bloated! 

15 weeks & 5 days pregnant!

Over Labor Day weekend Tony and I went to Nashville to visit my sister (Amanda) and brother-in-law (John) & their little puppy, Sammy!  My other sister (Ashley) who lives in Chattanooga came to visit for a few days too.  It was SO MUCH fun being with them around the clock... it really felt like the old days when we all lived under the same roof.  One of the days we were there Amanda took us to a local farmer's market and nearly passed out!  I'm not sure if it was the heat or the fact that I hadn't eaten or drank water yet in the day - but I've never felt like that before.  I had just ordered lunch at the BBQ place at the market when all of a sudden everything around me looked super bright and neon colored, my hearing was severely muffled, I was super hot & sweaty all of a sudden and I just felt like I was gonna hit the floor.  I told Tony what was going on and he had me go sit down.  It took a few minutes for me to feel back to normal but once I started downing the ice water they brought me I started to cool down and feel normal again.  I hope that doesn't happen again anytime soon because it really freaked me out.

Besides that moment, the trip went so well and was a total blast.  We ate at this amazing country diner called Loveless Cafe with delicious southern dishes and it was just perfect.  William Fichtner (from Armageddon) was waiting for a table while we were there and everybody was buzzing about a celebrity being there, although, from what I gather it's quite often that they get famous people dining there!  But still, how often do you walk RIGHT past a celebrity?!  It was awesome.  We went there our last night so it was seriously a perfect ending to a perfect week.

Today, we get to see our baby again via ultrasound!  We're BEYOND excited for it.  And we also found out this week that my appointment for next month is scheduled for Monday, October 3... that will be my 19-20 week check-up so we will have another ultrasound then to find out the sex of the baby!!!!  (What do you think it'll be - a boy or girl?!)






In addition to that exciting news, we are moving two weeks from today!  WAHOO!!!  I'm just starting to go through our belongings and figure out what crap we can stand to get rid of in the next few weeks because moving is a pain in the butt!  It didn't help much today that I went to a bunch of yard sales with my gramma because I brought home a stroller ($8), a nightstand ($3), and two pairs of maternity pants ($.75) instead of getting rid of things!  My gramma also bought several cheap baby items (mostly clothes) anywhere from $.25-$.50 a piece.  What stinks is not knowing whether we are buying for a boy or girl, but we'll soon (hopefully) be figuring that out!!!  Anyways, my gramma has a thing for washing clothes so she took all the baby clothes home to wash and is gonna hold them for me until after the move.  I found some Disney shirts for the baby as well as some Cubs shirts, too.  And of course, lots of adorable onesies and other baby clothes.  So now I'm here, waiting for the afternoon ultrasound appointment and ready for a nap!  I'll hopefully have an update later with a picture of the baby for you all to see!  It's terrible; I am already so quick to show the baby off!  I'll leave you with a funny quote I came across:
If men were equally at risk from this condition - if they knew their bellies might swell as if they were suffering from end-stage cirrhosis, that they would have to go nearly a year without a stiff drink, a cigarette, or even an aspirin, that they would be subject to fainting spells and unable to fight their way onto commuter trains - then I am sure that pregnancy would be classified as a sexually transmitted disease and abortions would be no more controversial than emergency appendectomies.  ~Barbara Ehrenreich

Edit: 6:08pm

We just got home from our afternoon appointment and here is the newest picture of little baby Duggan!

Baby at 16 weeks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment