Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Couch to 5k Wednesday (Week 2)

Alright!  So, we (as in Tony and I) have made it this far and still want to keep doing it!  Wahoo!

We found out that we are definitely at different paces and have decided to run together, but separately, which works out really well.  Plus, working out with others really isn't completely my thing, I feel it can be too distracting.  However, I love to have workout buddies so we can work out simultaneously yet do our own thing.  So this is perfect!

Music is a MUST. You can see the beautiful River in my sunglasses.

Week 2 Day 2 was a bit more challenging than Day 1, but this could be because of the warm weather.  (We're still running outside alongside the Mississippi River!)  But that heat advisory didn't stop us.  Someone yelled at Tony for having Presley out in the heat - but seriously? - she was covered, shaded, smiling & laughing, and he was sprinkling her with water every so often.  Plus the river gives off a bit of a breeze.  On top of it, we were out there for a total of thirty minutes.  (This was around 6PM, by the way, it's not like we were out running around 2PM when it's even hotter.)  As parents you make educated/calculated risks all the time and while I appreciate someone was concerned, let's not go about it in a rude way, people!

Let's just be glad I was not the one jogging with Presley at that moment because there would have been an exchange of words!  Tony made a good point when he was talking to me about it later... what did people do with their kids before air conditioning?  I mean, the human race has survived thus far, ya know?

But needless to say, we all survived being outside and live to run another day!  Which, the next running day will be Friday.  Our scheduling was a little different from last week but we're still keeping up with the 3 days a week program. 

My muscles are just feeling so tired after the run today and I think it's because I really didn't eat a whole lot this afternoon before going to run.  I really just forget to eat throughout the day.  Sounds stupid but keeping up with her feeding schedule and being out and about just makes me forget.  I won't make that mistake again on a day we run.


All you other new moms, runners, work out enthusiasts... what have you been up to this week?  I like to hear about what other people are up to when it comes to staying active or just plain getting out of the house for you new mamas.  Presley and I still aimlessly walk around Target at least 3 times a week, just to get out!  Hope everybody is doing well and would love to hear from you if you are reading this!



1 comment:

  1. i'm so proud of you guys!! it is SOOO challenging to stay on an exercise schedule! i started one to walk 2 miles 4 or 5 days a week but it's slowly drifted to 1 or 2 days...if that! love you guys! (: keep up the hard work on being yourself & a momma!!

    ReplyDelete