Monday, February 11, 2013

Letters.

Dear Tuesday, I have high hopes for you.  I am looking forward to our weekly family Chick-Fil-A outing as if it's a breath of fresh air!  I am also hoping that I can make it a very productive day all around and keep that energy flowing throughout the rest of the week!

Dear Presley, I think my favorite sight in the world is the cheesy smile that you do these days... it warms my heart and soul.  You are so sweet and beautiful that it is hard for me to believe you are mine.  Your daddy and I are constantly taken aback by the things you do and your reactions to the world around you.  I just hope that I can return the favor by being an amazing mom for you because you deserve that and so much more!


Dear hubby, You are so great to me.  Thank you for all the sweet things you do for me and for Presley.  I know I don't tell you enough how much I appreciate it all.  Thank you for always entertaining my wild ideas and for believing in me!  I can't wait to spend our first special valentine's day together with our tiny valentine!  I love you two so much more than anything!


Dear body, I cannot believe it has been a year since I carried a baby inside of my body.  I cannot BELIEVE it's been a year since my labor and delivery.  I cannot believe it has nearly been an entire year since the moment when Presley laid on me for the first time, ever.  It doesn't matter how disappointed I am with the current state of my body... when I remember all the magic that came from these changes, I can't help but be in awe of everything that has happened in the last year and a half.

Dear Lent, I am so unprepared mentally and emotionally for you.  I have to be honest, we have not been attending church regularly AT ALL and that is the main reason why I am feeling so unprepared.  However, after talking to a friend, Megan, and my sister... I believe one of the things I need to take a break from for the next 40 days is Facebook.  It holds a large amount of my time and attention throughout any given day and I can't say that I've ever taken an extended time away from Facebook in the last six years (aside from my week-long honeymoon).  I just hope I am up for the task and that I can make the most of the time it frees up!

Dear junk, Please... vacate our house, PRONTO!

Dear February, This month we will celebrate surviving the first YEAR of parenthood.  We.  Survived.  And Presley will be ONE next week - which means we will be celebrating this upcoming weekend.  I am so excited to see our friends and family to have some fun!

Dear breastfeeding, Speaking of year anniversaries... I can't believe Presley and I are getting ready to hit the year mark in our breastfeeding relationship!  I swore if I made it to 12 months that I would quit the second that I had the chance - but the funny thing is I don't see that happening anytime soon.  I don't want to brag or jinx myself, but Presley has been in good health all year and I contribute a great part of that to breastfeeding.  She just had her first cold (runny nose, congestion, etc.) last week and it is hardly worth mentioning.  I realize how lucky we are and I really am nervous to break our breastfeeding relationship anytime soon!  (Breastfeeding moms, when did you end breastfeeding your little one?  And how was their health after the fact?)


Dear weather, I can't wait for the weather to warm up just a bit.  Today was bitterly cold!  And I can't wait to start complaining about the warm weather!!!  Spring is JUST around the corner... only five more weeks!

Dear nighttime, What a love/hate relationship we have.  I am exhausted throughout the day and so enjoy my alone time at night.  It's something that has been the same since I can remember and I don't foresee anything changing.  Any tips?

Dear life, You are certainly unpredictable at times and often catch me by surprise - but that is so much part of the beauty of being human; we are often surprised at how different our plans are from reality.

Dear bloggies, I can't wait to post about the family pictures we had made over the weekend!  They turned out so beautifully and we had such a fantastic photographer.  Until then, ENJOY your week!




2 comments:

  1. Great entry! I feel unprepared for Lent as well. I reallllly need to ponder tonight what I'll be doing for Lent. It used to be one of my favorite times of the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you figured out something cool for Lent. It never alerts me when you comment on my blog since you are an author on here! :) Sorry I didn't see this earlier.

      Delete