Thursday, February 14, 2013

Our last first.

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

Today marks our "last first" as we've been calling it around our house... meaning, this is the last time we'll be celebrating one of Presley's first holidays!  Last Valentines Day I honestly don't remember what we did, but I do remember thinking, "Wow! This is the last holiday that it will be just the two of us!"  And here we are again - except now we've kinda come full circle.

Tony wants to start a tradition where he takes Presley out on Valentine's Day every year.  He got the idea from one of his work buddies who has done this for his daughters on every Valentine's Day.  The sneaky parental part of this that Tony especially likes is that once she gets to the point where she's dating, Presley will have to turn down her boyfriend on Valentine's Day because of the traditional date she has with her daddy every year!  Genius, right??  I think the idea is so precious and I hope it is something I can watch every year as she gets older.

We decided not to do anything too huge for Valentine's Day this year for several reasons... we are cheap-o's who don't have a money tree growing in our backyard, Presley is still so little and won't remember anything, and also because her first birthday and her birthday party are coming up this weekend and next week!  But we did want to do a little celebrating so we decided to visit Cracker Barrel for the first time in over a year!!!  It's always been one of our absolute favorite places and it did not disappoint.  I think Presley enjoyed herself, too!  Presley got her first taste of cornbread and mac & cheese there tonight and she is hooked.  Oh, and as if dinner wasn't fabulous enough, Tony got me the sweetest gifts!  He got me some delicious candy, a card that made me cry (SO sweet!), a certificate for a manicure/pedicure, and a certificate for a hand/foot/head massage!!!!  I feel completely unworthy of such special treatment - but I sure can't wait to get pampered!  Presley and I have one thoughtful valentine.

Here are some of Presley's Valentine looks...

OshKosh Overalls with pink hearts from her Grandmommy
The fabulous Babies R Us clearance dress I've been waiting to dress her up in for a year!


More clearance clothes - this time from The Children's Place - tutu and leggings with a "my heart belongs to daddy" tee

The bow didn't last long!  It's also a clearance item from Von Maur.



Hope everyone enjoyed the day just as much if not more than any other day!  And Presley, if you do read this someday, I had such a blast with you on your first Valentine's Day.  I hope that you will always be one of my best friends throughout our time together because you certainly are now!  We love you so much, even when you are being naughty!!!

PS... get excited for some fun upcoming posts - a post about our recent family pictures, one on the subject of child seat safety including a fun contest, and Presley's birthday party this weekend!


2 comments:

  1. Awww I love all her Valentine's outfits! So sweet! Hope you enjoy getting pampered! :)

    ReplyDelete