Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Nice Weather Bucket List {UPDATE}

About two months ago, I posted about all the fun things Tony and I want to do together as a family this summer.  We have been so lucky these past few weeks to have some beautiful weather - so we took it upon ourselves to start checking things off of our summer bucket list!  One of the goals on the list is to take Presley to every park in the town we live in.  All in all, that is 21 parks and in the last week, we've knocked 4 of those parks out.

Last summer, Tony and I tried out the C25K program and we liked it really well, though towards the end I figured out I really wasn't much of a runner.  We talked about how much we'd like to try out C25K again but Tony expressed how much he'd like to start biking.  A friend of ours was getting rid of their bike seat and was gracious enough to hand it down to us, so Tony suggested we use that for Presley.  Ever since that conversation, I have thought more and more seriously about finding a bike trailer rather than the bike seat - especially considering the fact that Presley isn't even walking yet!  I never really considered buying a bike trailer new, so I had been looking around town for something used.  Luckily for me, I ran across one for sale in a local swap group on Facebook and did NOT hesitate to show my interest!  I'm happy to say that it was the best purchase I've made in a VERY long time.

First trip in the bike trailer - Presley loves it! - Ben Butterworth Parkway

About to start bike ride #2 - Presley's got her sun hat & iPod - Browning Park

We made it to park #2!

Heading home - Daddy is her fearless leader!

Heading home after park #4 - Stephens Park

In between parks #3 & #4, we stopped by the Deere-Wiman HouseBeautiful.

So far, the biking thing is really working out for us.  It combines family time, exercise, tons of sun time, and fun adventures - what more could I really ask for when it comes to a pastime?  I know Presley won't remember these moments, but I am hoping that one day she will be able to look back at these pictures and hear her dad and I talk about how much fun we had and know just how much we love her.  Not only that, but that she has completely changed our lives.  Sure, we went on bike rides before she came along, but she has really given us a sense of purpose like we hadn't had until now.  It makes me wonder about all the things my mom and dad put together for my sisters and I when we were too young to recall the moments in our own memories.  I have so much respect for my parents and for parents everywhere; being a parent isn't easy and it is mostly thankless, yet day in and day out parents trudge along and not only that, but we strive to make the most of the moments we have together... just to have our young children not remember ANY of it!  :)  Pretty funny if you think about it.

What are you planning for the nice weather months?  Any summer plans?  I'd love to hear them!  
If you share your summer bucket list let me know so I can add a link back to your post!

Chasing Moonlight & Roses


Link Up!
 Ashley Noelle @ Every Little Beautiful Piece

10 comments:

  1. I want to get one of those for our bike!! How fun!! Thanks for linking up with us :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best $50 I've probably ever spent ;) And so many fun blogs in your link up! I love it.

      Delete
  2. I normally don't do link ups. But I want to do this one! I'll have to figure out how to do this linking stuff..... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is so cool - would love to get one but not sure I have the nerve. Alice x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how I feel in regards to the bike seat! There are a lot of great features on new bike trailers - some with a hitch that pivots so if you wreck your bike, the bike trailer stays up right!!! So cool.

      Delete
  4. PS: you need to tell me how to make that really cute bucket list tutorial! I've been seeing that all over among my blogger friends, but have no idea how to make one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Nice Weather bucket list! What program/how did you make the graphic. It is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sarah! I use iPiccy for all kinds of stuff - but for this graphic I used the "Create a New Blend" - if you have any questions, let me know! :)

      Delete
    2. THANKS A TON! What a great website to edit pictures and make "graphic" type things!

      Delete