Wednesday, March 27, 2013

What's New Wednesday!

Man oh man, has it been a while since I have been sick!  Usually, I am the person who gets sick every few weeks.  In college, I blamed it on lack of sleep.  While working at a video store, I blamed it on handling germy money.  When I worked at the kids gym, I blamed it on the sweet hugs I got from the germy kids.  And now?  I am a stay-at-home hermit mommy!  We typically leave the house every day, most days just so we can get out of the house, so it's not that we live in a bubble.  I'm honestly not sure what has kept me so healthy but I really hadn't caught anything throughout my pregnancy or since becoming a mama - I'd say that's my longest streak perhaps EVER. 

So when I had Presley, I thought she would be sick all the time.  I'm not sure if it's been breastfeeding or the fact that she's not in direct contact with others on a regular basis, but she hasn't really been sick up until now either.  {I know just how lucky we are!}  Another thought that has crossed my mind was that maybe Presley inherited her dad's awesome immune system.  I promise you, this guy dodges illness with skill.

Well anyways, Presley and I just dealt with the stomach virus and it was not fun.  She had it and then passed it to me.  While she had the virus a lot longer than I did, I would say hers seemed more mild, thank God!  Me on the other hand?  I couldn't function for a little over 24 hours.  It's like my body just went into an automatic shutdown mode and all I could do was sleep (among other unpleasant things that I won't say here).  Thankfully, Tony loves us SO much that he stayed home from work to watch Presley as I was shutting down.  What an awesome man I am blessed with!  And after a full week of illness in our house - at the moment - we are doing fine!  Though, I am honestly just waiting for the other shoe to drop... whether that means Tony gets it or Presley and I begin to pass our germs back and forth again... I hope I'm wrong!



Here are some photos of what we've been up to recently...





Presley's most beloved toy at the current moment... ladies and gentlemen, a Starbucks straw.


Giving the baby on the screen a kiss!
Presley's Palm Sunday outfit (we went to evening mass on Saturday... so technically was Palm Saturday if you ask my hubby - hehe!)... don't you just love her crazy hair?  Baldy up front and hair in the back ;)

Some photos of Presley that Tony took while he took over as the full-time parent while I was sick!  She is saying "cheese" in the bottom too - such a sweet little goofball!

In other super-duper-big-girl-exciting-news... we finally switched Presley to a BIG GIRL toddler car seat!  She's still in a rear-facing seat, but it was time to get her out of the infant seat.  By the height & weight, she was still okay in the other seat... but her head was starting to get too high and if we had gotten into a wreck, she might not have been as protected as she would be in her new seat!  {I can't believe I don't have a picture of her in her new seat yet!!!}  I thought she would LOVE her new seat... and she did for the first maybe 15 minutes... but now that she realizes she can't turn her head to see us anymore - she hates it!  Hopefully this will get better once we put up a little mirror for her back there... but I don't know.  As long as she's safe, though, I am a-okay!
Turns out, Tony had a picture of Presley in her car seat on his phone.  Too bad it was taken by Presley herself and the only thing you can see is her forehead and the head/neck protector.  :)
And that's what's been up with us lately!  Hope Spring shows it's beautiful face here for us all very soon... fingers are crossed!


Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

1 comment: