Thursday, March 28, 2013

50 Questions (Part Six)

Just continuing my quest to answer the 50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind...  over halfway through!
(part one, part two, part three, part four, part five)


26.  Would you rather lose all your old memories, or never be able to make new ones?
Shoot.  That's truly a tough choice.  If you lose your old memories, you lose the ties you have to the people and faces you ought to know, right?  But if you lose your ability to make new memories, you are somewhat stuck.  I have a good 20+ years worth of memories stored up, not to mention, if I erase my old memories, then I let go of my dad altogether.  I love the memories I've made with Presley over the last 13 months, but if I don't let go of those memories, I forfeit all of the potential memories we have to make with one another.  I guess if I had to choose, I would let go of the past and embrace what is yet to come.  I imagine it would be painful to make that decision but once it's made it would be pretty freeing!  No more painful memories of the past... no more reasons to recall the mistakes I've made... and a chance to right the things I've done wrong.  Even still, that is a TOUGH decision.

"I look to the future because that's where I'm going to spend the rest of my life." 
George Burns @ 87 years old (who lived to be 100)

27.  Is it possible to know the truth without challenging it first?
I suppose you could have an inkling one way or the other what the truth is, but it wouldn't be as solid if you didn't test it first by looking at things from every possible angle.

28.  Has your greatest fear ever come true?
I suppose my greatest fear is relative to what my life is like at the current moment.  At one point I considered my greatest fear losing a parent, and yes, that happened.  Then my greatest fear became losing my existing parent.  It then evolved to losing my sisters.  From there is developed into losing my spouse and now it is losing my daughter.  I suppose the ongoing theme is losing someone I care deeply about and couldn't imagine my life without.  So, yes, that has happened.  I guess it's living proof you can survive even your deepest fears one way or another, no matter how painful.

29.  Do you rememeber that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset?  Does it really matter now?
Let's see... five years ago was March 2008.  We were currently living in Collierville, Tennessee and according to my blog at that time, Tony and I were really at a make it or break it point in our relationship together.  It was stay together and move together to Illinois or end things and go our separate ways.  Let me just say this... When unhappy, one doubts everything; when happy, one doubts nothing. Joseph Roux
That was pretty true of the situation we were in at the time.  For me personally, I just was not where I wanted to be and I wasn't happy with my day-to-day life - something ABSOLUTELY needed to change.  Thankfully, things DID change just a few months later as Tony and I both moved to the Quad Cities!  It was a huge leap and we went into it without looking back or thinking twice, really.  To say that it changed our lives for the better is a large UNDERSTATEMENT.  To answer the second question now, it doesn't quite matter now other than those struggles were absolutely imperative to growing for me personally.

30.  What is your happiest childhood memory?  What makes it so special?
Wow.  I think my mind automatically went to bike rides with my dad and sisters.  We went on those adventures on our bikes pretty often.  Most people wouldn't understand what the big deal was and it doesn't help that I can't quite explain what made it so special other than there was never a dull moment.  We had great conversations and laughed a lot and it was special to spend time with our dad (because we was out of town pretty often with work).  It felt great for dad to take time just for us.  For young kids, we really biked a long way, too.  It took a lot of work and I remember often feeling like I couldn't keep peddling on the way home.  But when we finally got into our neighborhood, I remember just feeling so accomplished!  I can't wait to live in a town where I can do exciting things like that with Presley someday.  I hope she is as willing and adventurous as we were as kids and I just pray that we live in an area with as gorgeous and safe bike trails as we had in Shelby County!



2 comments:

  1. Some profound questions in this, love your answers. #1 makes me kinda sad to think about. Actually, a lot of them make me kind sad, in a good way though, if that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree... I love the questions. I feel like I'm discovering a lot about my views on life by answering them. But I totally know what you mean about some of them being sad in a good way.

      Delete